The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys - GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS - just had a call from ARB, they are doing final fitment of the steel winch bar at the moment (YAY!!!) However, they have found that the intercooler has either "come adrift" from its lower mounts or was not fitted correctly at the factory.(BOO!!!) CHECK YOUR INTERCOOLERS. They did say it looks like it has been like this for some time. I have not seen it so I can't give you any more info than that.
Back to Nissan we go .

Any info on when ARB will release those bars to the general public and what will those be worth ? I am keen on one provided air flow is not impeded.

Here it is at last - availability in approximately 2 weeks.:confused3:
$$$ I'm not sure - call your local ARB dealer.
Airflow is not a problem - I had the prototype bar on for 5-6 weeks with no issues.

Attachments

• ARB 550.jpg
    ARB 550.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I agree there! How come there isn't one? Maybe Nissan haven't designed one that will hold 550Nm?

If Toyota can design a manual box that takes the power of a 4.5L Turbo Diesel V8 and Ford with their 7.3L V8 turbo diesel F250, I'm sure Nissan can too!! D40 V6 with a manual box would be the ants pants of all 4x4 utes on the market! Bring on a manual box Nissan!

If Toyota can design a manual box that takes the power of a 4.5L Turbo Diesel V8 and Ford with their 7.3L V8 turbo diesel F250, I'm sure Nissan can too!! D40 V6 with a manual box would be the ants pants of all 4x4 utes on the market! Bring on a manual box Nissan!

Very true! Should be one by now as the 550 has been around for 2 years now I think.

Manual would have to be 8 speed ? :) seriously though it would be a ripper ute in manual as even in auto is very responsive.

Misses out on the gold standard five star rating but gets a four star gong. Has six air bags and stability control, mustn’t get a good mark for other stuff like pedestrian safety, perhaps roll over though it does have a rear bar.

Obviously he has missed the point that Coca Cola makes stronger aluminium parts than the "rear bar".

It's not a bad write-up. I notice the Hilux at the bottom labelled as its rival has only 126kW.

My wish is that the V6 could be rated to tow 3.5T not just 3T. The Pathfinder is rated to 3.5T, and I wonder if that's coil suspension/chassis/rear discs?

Yeah mine went on when the Chipit put the chip on, dunno before was (stretching the memory here) 157kw at wheels, dyno fked up and didn't get results after chip, hopefully they'll have results when it goes back in to get fixed up.
Pretty happy with the before figs though

And if anyone wants to know, the Chip sorted out the turbo lag, bottom end a big improvement, like a rocket around town, just got to go back and sort top end as it lost out. I'll post up when it gets sorted

Was your old d40 chipped? If so, how did the stock 550 compare 2 a chipped 2.5ltr.

Had a chip on & off my last one. Chip on the 2.5 makes a big difference.
Stock 550 is different again, they really scream once you get past that turbo lag
Chipped 550, well the bottom end is sweet now, turbo lag way less, have to get it back out to Chipit to get the top end tuned right

Picked up my 550 from 30k service- dealer thinks it will need pads and rotors at next service - asked him for measurments which he naturally didnt have . Car was booked in under my better halfs name , maybe they think she would buy into this ? I will take some rotor thickness measurments today , does anyone know what is servicable rotor thickness ?
How is everyones brake rotor life , anyone changed theirs yet ?

General consensus is that D40 brakes are shit and wont last 40K, but there is plenty of us who are now getting a lot more than 40K in the 450's so it's definitely worth getting a second opinion.

Pads at 40k i can live with but it seems a bit early for rotors , service advisor thinks one should do rotors and pads at the same time at 40k ? Navaras must be real heavy on breaks :)
Just measured the rotors and they are 27.6 and 28 , now just to find the specs for min thickness.

Last edited:
Some will say both go at 40K, there is quite a number of threads about it on this forum but there are more of us getting alot more than 40K. The biggest trouble is that no one on the internet can compare exactly what "hard on brakes" is and therefore it's hard to compare one ute to another. But I'd still be getting a second opinion.

I brought my D40 at 55ks and its now done 126ks and I havnt touched the brake pads or rotors. Maybe Im lucky

Latest posts

Back