The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How'd you go with the chip did you get it sorted?
Iam having issues with the paint on the bonnet at the moment looks like bird shit has gone through the paint can see the undercoat, waiting for the lady to get back to me as I brought the paint protection when I brought the car.

Car goes in tomorrow to have the paint fixed on the bonnet & have the paint protection reapplied to the whole car again, apart from that al good, doing 30000km service in a week all so (28000km), still waiting for prices for a set of brown davis bash plates yet to compare with quote from tjm $780 for them to fabricat & fit.
cheers Lyle

Any body used these guys for a performance upgrade http://www.powerchipgroup.com/datasheets/1/Nis0087.pdf

Seems pretty good they now have software that they send to you and you flash your computer rather then sending it away. They can also supply dpf delete programming . When I finally get my 550 I'm gonna try it il have before and after dyno sheets.

Cheers tye.

Dyno before chip 157rwkw, pretty happy, I'll look for sheets. Dyno fucked up on run after chip (40+ degree day) so no print out, should go get it done for giggles

True nissan told me they do have a dpf. still waiting on delivery of my 550. Hopfilly not to far away. 157rwkw thats impressive seen one with unichip making 159rwkw tuned.

Scangauge

I have just fitted a scangauge to the 550 the 4 read outs Iam using at the moment are bst, volts, avg fuel & water temp, I have been looking on the net for the tft (transmission temp code ) but cannot find one, does anyone know it and have have any other codes that are useful.
cheers

Hi all did anyone get the tool to prime the fuel filter with their car in the manual it says it's stored behind the back seat but mine didn't get one I know the 550 pathfinder gets one.

Regards a DPF, all reports i Have seen indicate it has one but a 550 we test drove last week showed some smoke on acceleration which I would have not expected at all with a DPF fitted. Do they not actually have one or have you removed your Justdrinkbeer?

Would not be upset at all if it is the case that they do not have one. My Xtrail has never had a problem with it but a 550 would be my wifes car mainly and would do shorter trips than my Xtrail does (5 minute runs into town with longer drives a couple of times a week where my Xtrail does 75KM of mainly freeway driving twice a day)

Last edited:
Hunter - sorry - haven't got my car at the moment. Won't get it back until late next week. If you still need it then I will put up another post.

Yeh if you would mate, I have been on to the dealer and he's looking into it but might take a while so I might buy one least I will have a spare if they come good.

Yeh if you would mate, I have been on to the dealer and he's looking into it but might take a while so I might buy one least I will have a spare if they come good.

Well went to Nissan this morning to have fuel filter changed $92 +filter while I was there I priced the primer tool $286 wtf, also priced the v6 badge on the door cause mine broke when I washed the car $126 they gotta be kidding

Regards a DPF, all reports i Have seen indicate it has one but a 550 we test drove last week showed some smoke on acceleration which I would have not expected at all with a DPF fitted. Do they not actually have one or have you removed your Justdrinkbeer?

Would not be upset at all if it is the case that they do not have one. My Xtrail has never had a problem with it but a 550 would be my wifes car mainly and would do shorter trips than my Xtrail does (5 minute runs into town with longer drives a couple of times a week where my Xtrail does 75KM of mainly freeway driving twice a day)

The advertising from Nissan is that there is one fitted but they don't have it. I imagine that it is the Cat con and DPF just after the dump pipe and even though there are the plugs there for the sensors nothing is connected. I spoke to "roo systems" about a 3 inch stainless system and they also said that there is no DPF.
no great loss really....

ozsnow
what your dobinson lift like, how much height did you gain and whats the ride like, I am thinking of getting theirs as well.
cheers Lyle

Turbo hose

I checked over the turbo hose the one thats beside the air cleaner, it is a little lose as in I can turn it slightly, has anyone had a look at theirs, I can't see that it would blow off as the clamps wouldn't let it, but I wouldn't of thought that it should be loose either.

My turbo hose split, patched it up with some tape & unilux clamps, nissan fixed under warranty- thanks fatboy.
Turbo hose is loose on mine too, as in you can move it 1/8" when you jiggle it about. Told Nissan when i first bought it and the mechanic reckoned it was how its meant to be and they have a clamp of some sort on from the inside

Attachments

• photo[3].jpg
    photo[3].jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 115
  • photo[2].jpg
    photo[2].jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 100
My turbo hose split, patched it up with some tape & unilux clamps, nissan fixed under warranty- thanks fatboy.
Turbo hose is loose on mine too, as in you can move it 1/8" when you jiggle it about. Told Nissan when i first bought it and the mechanic reckoned it was how its meant to be and they have a clamp of some sort on from the inside

Thanks mate I can rest a bit easier now, mine also had a split in it was replaced when I had the 20k service done under warranty.

Not too sure if I'm allowed to do this yet so lets just keep this between the forum and me!:confused2:
The bar I have fitted at the moment is the prototype. Notice the extra ventilation for the intercooler in the bottom center section.
Full production bars are on the way, maybe another 6 weeks or so. There are apparently some minor mods to be made.
Picked up a set of halogen Narva 225's at the 4x4 show for $285 - pretty happy with that.

Attachments

• IMG_3727.jpg
    IMG_3727.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3728.jpg
    IMG_3728.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts

Back