The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The advertising from Nissan is that there is one fitted but they don't have it. I imagine that it is the Cat con and DPF just after the dump pipe and even though there are the plugs there for the sensors nothing is connected. I spoke to "roo systems" about a 3 inch stainless system and they also said that there is no DPF.
no great loss really....

I can't say I will be upset if it does not have one (I pick mine up tomorrow) The one on my Xtrail has given me precisely no trouble at all, but I do 75 odd KM each way to work and almost all of it is freeway driving so it gets plenty of chance to regen. Still, that did not stop the Holden Captiva (Hateful car IMO) that work had me driving before it from giving me the DPF light about once a week. The ute will be mainly used by my wife and will do shorter trips so if it had a DPF it would probably regen more often than if I was using it.

If it does not have one it is one less thing to think about stuffing up, and in a few years I might build it a nice free flowing exhaust myself.

Not too sure if I'm allowed to do this yet so lets just keep this between the forum and me!:confused2:
The bar I have fitted at the moment is the prototype. Notice the extra ventilation for the intercooler in the bottom center section.
Full production bars are on the way, maybe another 6 weeks or so. There are apparently some minor mods to be made.
Picked up a set of halogen Narva 225's at the 4x4 show for $285 - pretty happy with that.

Awesome!

I poked my head under the demo I took home overnight and could not see what I would have identified as a DPF and also saw some fuel smoke on acceleration so I was hoping for that answer. I have never been 100% keen on upgraded exhausts on a DPF car as if they drop the EGT it might result in more time and fuel required to burn them out. At least without one I can be guided by how much noise I can live with rather than issues like that. Bolted hard up on the turbo I don't imagine there would be much of a problem with keeping the cat hot enough to work properly..

Hello all. Has anyone fitted a larger fuel tank. I looked at an auxillary tank but would rather replace the original tank with (100 - 120lt ).

Mick

Not too sure if I'm allowed to do this yet so lets just
The bar I have fitted at the moment is the prototype. Notice the extra ventilation for the intercooler in the bottom center section.
Full production bars are on the way, maybe another 6 weeks or so. There are apparently some minor mods to be made.

I want one and I want it now! Hopefully ARB get them on the market soon.

Thanks for the pics - it looks like it will get better airflow with the bar than with the standard plastic work

Ok, so if that is not a DPF under the drivers bum, what is it? Looks a lot like one except all the sensor bungs are sealed and there is a blanking plate on the section where I assume that they fit the post injector setup (these engines are supposed to use a seventh injector in the exhaust to regen the DPF rather than extra out of cycle fueling via the normal ones)

Is the thing that looks like a DPF empty?

Is your fuel gauge still working in the same way ?

No I do around 450k before it moves off the full mark around 700 on the 1/2 mark, only on 2nd tank since installed so still working it out the as well as setting up scangauge to compare, gotta go for a run to Mackay next month so should get a idea on how many extra k's I get out of her as well as relearning the fuel gauge.
Cheers Lyle

Just got back from a run up to Ballarat with the van and discovered a split in my intercooler hose - off we go to Nissan!

I checked over mine this morning can't find any split in it but there was a small amount of oil mist on the top of it, did have it replaced about 20000k ago

Had 50k service done last week and the sevice manager was very quick to acknowledge the problem and order a replacement. The customer service I have received so far has been excellent. (Bayside Nissan - Frankston, Vic.)

Still happy with ours although it has not done a lot of work since the first two weeks we owned it. It dragged my race car to Goulburn and back at under 13L/100KM and at a very good pace so for the purpose we sprung the money for a V6 deisel we are very happy.

About the only criticism so far is that the sat nav has some insane average speeds set on some road types. We did home to goulburn in about seven hours but at the start of the trip the GPS insisted it would take ten, and then when we were 50km from Goulburn, all on the Hume it was giving us an hour and a half travel time. Seems to have a speed of about 60KMH set for the road.

Aside from that all it needs is some driving lights to boost high beam. Low bean seems better than the R52 Pathy it replaced so they might have changed the reflector design since 2005 when we bought that.

Latest posts

Back