Tiapan vs Beaudesesrt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stremd22

Reaction score
hey guys..

so as the title says, i have been talking to both companys tiapan and beaudesert exhausts on a few systems they have. Tiapan have quoted me $1345 for a tiapan xp 3" full mandrel bend, dump pipe, cat, muffler and gaskets.. the whole deal. also can do the big bore type, which from what i can understand is the same as xp but without the highflow muffler (i think.) for $1200.

On the other hand Beaudesert said they can only do a 2 3/4" for my d22 06 nav, but also full mandrel bends, cat etc.. for $1135..
Freight and handling costs to South OZ are pretty much identical..

What i was wondering is it worth spending the extra cash on the bigger exhaust? have read that the bigger the diameter isnt always the best option.. Also how much difference will i really notice, as i do not intend on forking out the money for a chip to make it worth while.

All comments appreciated. cheers.

Having the same dilemna at the moment, exhaust is something I would really like to do now, but not sure which of the two to go with, or if its worth it at all. Will be interested to see what people say. Would also like to see in car videos maybe of the two different system to see what each sounds like inside the car.

I went with beaudesert. Couldn't be happier. Fits perfect, no knocking on shackles or anything. Really fast shipping and good to deal with. And i noticed the power increase for sure.

Made the Nav a hell of a lot better to drive around town. A lot less lag.

I got the version with the muffler. Little bit more whistle, maybe a touch louder in the cab, but not enough to worry you. I cant remember what it did sound like now anyway, so i may be talking shit on that bit..lol Probably no louder at all.

Would i do it again, 100% yes. Don't expect the exhaust to change the Nav into a performance machine, but to loose some lag and make it more comfortable to drive, yes.

Tip, make sure you soak the exhaust studs to help with fitting. I soaked mine for a couple of weeks on and off. The bloke who fitted it said they came out easy which is what i wanted. Also the heat shield will need trimming.

Check out this link to see some photos;

http://www.navara.asia/members-rides/8068-petes-d22-4.html

Pete

bigger isnt always better
you will generally loose torque with a larger system
i have contacted both companys mentioned
typan were really pushy ,they insisted i will need there chip ($1500) to compliment there exhaust,and also tried to sell me a catch can for a ridiculous price
beaudesert were straight to the piont,stuck with the facts and didnt try to upsell
when i upgrade it will be a beaudesert exhaust,without the muffler ,if its too noisy i will add muffler later
i will also be installing a ballistic hiflow racing cat i have left over from my ls1 days

cheers
sparra

Personally I decided on the beaudesert system, I just have to wait until I'm at home long enough to order and install it.

yes have read in a 4x4 mag that too big, reduces the velocity in which the exhaust gases travel down the exhaust pipe. which makes sense i guess.. decisions decisions..

Im really keen on the beaudesert system, only thing holding me back now is that its a fair amount of money to spend, is it really worth it?

It reduces your EGT quite a bit, sounds a lot nicer but offers very little in the way of power gains without chips and such, though most poeple suggest it reduces turbo lag also.

Latest posts

Back