Ticking Noise when accelerating from 1500rpm to 2000rpm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same problem i just posted in the other thred....

I recon the tappets need adjusting, (thats if they are adjustable) so im serching for the clearances specs..

2010 st manuel 2.5

I have the same problem i just posted in the other thred....

I recon the tappets need adjusting, (thats if they are adjustable) so im serching for the clearances specs..

2010 st manuel 2.5

they are not adjustable in either the YD25 or ZD30's

If your noise is directly infront of the drivers seat then its most probably your hydraulic line causing a harmonic. At factory there is a section of pipe which is no secured by anything at all, under revs it gets a vibration and manages to knock around a little. Nothing to worry about, nissan have kits on hand to repair and also a temp foam kit.

Im driving a 2010 ST manual.

The clutch pipe runs down the firewall, so when it taps against the firewall it will sound like it's coming from behind the dash.

Stuff a piece of packing foam in behind the hydraulic lines that run down the firewall and take the car out again to see if that fixes it.

Will try it as I have same annoying rattle - why cant Nissan sort their own problems out - I had head mechanic drive the car l;ike 4 times and made the noise but they stuck to their line 'we cant hear anything out of the ordinary'

Jeez some dealers are crap,^
when i had the rattle i told the dealer i used about it when i booked for service,
They said straight up they had a mod to fix it and would be done no charge.

Gday
I have the same ticking noise with my 2010 D40 and its driving me crazy. just had the EGR replaced for $851, noise still there. went to see Nissan over 5 times and they just look at me say they cant find anything................. there was a factory fault with the throttle cable that can make this noise happen but I had that fixed to.
has anyone got any ideas? or had any luck??????????

If your noise is directly infront of the drivers seat then its most probably your hydraulic line causing a harmonic. At factory there is a section of pipe which is no secured by anything at all, under revs it gets a vibration and manages to knock around a little. Nothing to worry about, nissan have kits on hand to repair and also a temp foam kit.

Im driving a 2010 ST manual.

whats your fuel consumption like with your 2010? im getting minimum 12L per 100. not towing, was getting around 10.5 6 month ago

Gday
I have the same ticking noise with my 2010 D40 and its driving me crazy. just had the EGR replaced for $851, noise still there. went to see Nissan over 5 times and they just look at me say they cant find anything................. there was a factory fault with the throttle cable that can make this noise happen but I had that fixed to.

There is no throttle cable, they are a "fly by wire" which means it electronically controlled.
There is a problem with the clutch fluid lines on some D40's where it vibrates, if it is that you can test it by lightly pressing your foot on the clutch peddle, if the noise goes then thats the problem, NISSAN has a "fix" for it so go back and tell them to fix the clutch pipes they will have a nissan generated Bulletin on the "fix"

block the EGR off and forget about that useless thing. there is a thread/ "sticky" in the DIY section of the forum on how to do it.

Gday

sorry was not the throttle, it was the clutch pipes. bracket put on still not fied

There is no throttle cable, they are a "fly by wire" which means it electronically controlled.
There is a problem with the clutch fluid lines on some D40's where it vibrates, if it is that you can test it by lightly pressing your foot on the clutch peddle, if the noise goes then thats the problem, NISSAN has a "fix" for it so go back and tell them to fix the clutch pipes they will have a nissan generated Bulletin on the "fix"

block the EGR off and forget about that useless thing. there is a thread/ "sticky" in the DIY section of the forum on how to do it.

sorry was the clutch not the throttle, had the dealer fit the factory bracket fix, but still no good....... what your fuel consumption like not towing? I have gone from 10 to 12 L per 100.......

Just had my car in a Nissan today for what sounds like tappet noise at between 1500-2000rpm. Engine under load, noise is almost non exsistant. I own a 2011 st. So dealer charges me 200 to put injector cleaner in, some sort of inlet clean which is sprayed in inlet to de carbonise and a fuel pressure and egr reprogram. Dealer told me problem fixed, with the noise that is still there just valve train noise.
Problem is still there.

I also have the clutch rattle, which disappears at idle when clutch is pushed in. I also have a surging problem when in 4wd low at 1500 rpm and up when in fourth gear only.

It's frustrating. No matter how much research you do on a vehicle, they all seem to have their dramas.

I'll be back at dealer tomorrow to gain more insight, where I will also mention the other 2 issues. Will keep you posted. Still have a couple of months warranty so would like to sort it out.

Just had my car in a Nissan today for what sounds like tappet noise at between 1500-2000rpm. Engine under load, noise is almost non exsistant. I own a 2011 st. So dealer charges me 200 to put injector cleaner in, some sort of inlet clean which is sprayed in inlet to de carbonise and a fuel pressure and egr reprogram. Dealer told me problem fixed, with the noise that is still there just valve train noise.
Problem is still there.

I also have the clutch rattle, which disappears at idle when clutch is pushed in. I also have a surging problem when in 4wd low at 1500 rpm and up when in fourth gear only.

It's frustrating. No matter how much research you do on a vehicle, they all seem to have their dramas.

I'll be back at dealer tomorrow to gain more insight, where I will also mention the other 2 issues. Will keep you posted. Still have a couple of months warranty so would like to sort it out.

So yours is a king cab manual. The issue in 4LO won't be fixed without reprogramming the ECU - some Nissan dealers HAVE the patch to apply to your ECU but nobody's approached this forum with the number of the TSB that would let you inform your dealer about this.

The clutch rattle isn't uncommon. Nissan fix it by replacing the hydraulic lines that go to the clutch with slightly longer ones, because yours are sitting too close to the firewall and that causes the rattle. You can fix this yourself with some packing foam behind the hydraulic lines against the firewall.

Hey all Has anyone solved this?

I have recently purchased the navara d22 03 plate and I have this exact noise but interestingly the noise is only there when the truck is on the move, not when I am stationary

This leads me to believe its drivetrain related but I'm new to the navara scene and need a little help

Many thanks

Welcome aboard, Newtonnavara.

The easiest way to track a noise like that is to jack the car up (chassis-mount hoist is best) and turn the drivetrain over by hand. Examine the front and rear of each drive shaft, both CV joints and thoroughly inspect the tyres.

Make sure that you listen to the transfer case - a stretched chain will slap the side of the case and sound like ticking but it shouldn't be consistently even with wheel rotation - it should run about 3.5-4x faster but may miss 'beats' as the power to the wheels varies. I'm not sure in the D22 if the transfer chain is turned over all the time and the other side of the chain system is the one that's engaged in 4WD, or if it's the primary that's engaged. Turning over the rear prop shaft may not turn the transfer case over - you might need someone to sit in the cabin and (with all wheels off the ground) engage first while you listen with a stethoscope to the transfer case.

Have a listen to the outside of the front hubs too.

Hi all. Long time stalker first time poster. owned 2012 d40 from new. Started the described ticking noise at about 65000. (Now at 80k). At about 1800 rpm on part throttle light load I could play a ticking tune by getting on and off the accelerator on most days ( except when I took it for a service of course). Recently i noticed a split in the air intake hose where it joins the turbo. Replaced under warranty . At the same time i put a bottle of liquid moly inj cleaner through it. Now no ticking for 5000kms. Wish i could say which one helped, both could have potentially made the noise. Either way check your intake hose for splits where it joins the turbo, you don't want it suckling dust or water! Cheers.

Just re reading my post I would like to clarify a few things .....
I did not put inj cleaner through the intake but used it as per instructions
and
please replace 'suckling' with 'sucking' otherwise it's just weird.

Latest posts

Back