Time to update

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's about time i update the D22,
Love the rig but its time for my last update..
Im not keen on the smaller engine size of the new narvy or the amarok etc.
I want 3ltr minimum engine size so i did a bit a research and the ford ranger seems to get the nod from all the "experts"
I was never a fan of fords but im open to giving them a go..
a few owners of them rave on about them,so its all systems go..

Anyone have any info or comments on the Ranger?

cheers

joe

i have a mate who is a service mechanic for Ford and he has said the Ford Rangers have alot of issues that need sorting out . the best one to buy is the Toyota Hilux if you have the spare dollars on hand.

Take a Landrover Discovery for a drive if you don't need a ute. Despite the old reliability jokes it will outclass and out torque most of the competition.

yes i owned a series 1 or 2 Landrover which had a Holden Red Motor 186 fitted. it took a good thrashing i remember. they have alot of Aluminium panels too.

i have a mate who is a service mechanic for Ford and he has said the Ford Rangers have alot of issues that need sorting out . the best one to buy is the Toyota Hilux if you have the spare dollars on hand.

in the 8 car comparison the toyota came in 4th or 5th....
its gota be a dual cab ute...
spare $$$$ ???
the ranger wildtrack is $64k...toyota cant be more than that,,

I would never spend that money on a Ranger. Nathan got his for much less price and set it up to be more capable than most of those you see that never use it. Just way too much $ for a ute.

Facelifted Ranger looks great.

Especially if you want to support what's left of the Australian auto industry - a lot of the engineering work was done here and still is being done here for future models.

i have a mate who is a service mechanic for Ford and he has said the Ford Rangers have alot of issues that need sorting out

I'll be stunned the day that somebody doesn't know a mechanic who says [you name it] vehicle has issues.

no you need to wear a Kidney belt when you drive one of those .

Hahaha, and I would still have one. Set up the rear leaves properly and it shouldn't be to bad. Jacx suspension do a bolt in coil upgrade for them. Awesome bit of kit.

It's hard to go past the 70 series. If your got the coin that is. You only need 3 for a life time of motoring, so overall they work out fairly economical from a depreciation reliability point of view. As long as you don't mind driving a tractor for life :)

Next on the list would be a Dmax. 3.0L donk with good torque characteristics and they do come with a pretty good reputation.

Had 2 Isuzu's before my current D40 and in some ways I regret not buying a 3rd. D40 is a better better more comfortable drive tho.

Another to consider is a low K V6 diesel D40. They are starting hold there value way better than 4 cyl. D40's. Heaps of grunt and comfy to.

the only truck i would consider buying is the ford, hands down. everything else atm is just cheaply made in Thailand. no thank you very much! lol at the "ford has problems" why do people spam that in forums all the time is beyond me.

ford rangers are also made in thialand for asia pacific and on the px ranger forum they seem to be experiencing a lot of manual gearbox issues at very low k's

ford rangers are also made in thialand for asia pacific and on the px ranger forum they seem to be experiencing a lot of manual gearbox issues at very low k's
A friend of mine just bought a brand new XLS 3.2 ranger. He says its nothing special, just another dual cab. He didnt sound overly impressed, but doesnt not like it either. Each to their own. If thats what you want thats what you should get. It will either serve you well or it will be the last ranger you own.

i think ford rangers are made in south africa. at least the european ones? well ofc it wont be nothing special its just a truck at the end of the day. the real question is will it outlast its competition and how many problem will appear down the road.

i think ford rangers are made in south africa. at least the european ones? well ofc it wont be nothing special its just a truck at the end of the day. the real question is will it outlast its competition and how many problem will appear down the road.
But what do you class as "outlasting" it's competition. How long does a car need to last for. As long as it doesnt give the owner any issue, that is whatba good car does. I like them, but not for 50-60k.
Thats one of the reasons i love the 70 series, they never get old, there not replaced with a new model on 6mnths which makes yours look old.

Latest posts

Back