Time to update

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like all the utes these days are pretty comfy and good while theyre going but most have some reliability issues that cxan be quite costly. None of them seem to be bullet proof!

has anyone else looked at the 8 car comparison,
they are all auto,all diesel and all dual cabs..
ranger first.
amarok 2nd
mazda 3rd
navara,colorado, isuzu,etc

But what do you class as "outlasting" it's competition. How long does a car need to last for. As long as it doesnt give the owner any issue, that is whatba good car does. I like them, but not for 50-60k.
Thats one of the reasons i love the 70 series, they never get old, there not replaced with a new model on 6mnths which makes yours look old.

outlasting the competition is how many troublefree kms you can do before things start to get bad. and the d40 score was really bad on that matter.

thats what worries me about the ranger.
every new car will be good for a while..but how soon will the troubles start ?

faaark....how much are they?
i did suggest this to the MRS...but she thinks they are like a truck..lol

They are trucks just small ones. In fact were all driving trucks If it's got a ladder frame chassis it's a truck. Don't think your driving a car with a tub or tray on the back- your not.

You will get just far off road in most dual cab utes as a 70 series but the 70 series has way more robust construction, like a proper truck that's why you pay big coin for them and that is why they last. The same could said for the Patrol.

Whats the low down on BT50 v Ranger these days? Price v extras v quality v customer service.
I personally prefer the look of the Ford but i wouldnt let that influence the decision if the mazda looked like a better deal.

Whats the low down on BT50 v Ranger these days? Price v extras v quality v customer service.
I personally prefer the look of the Ford but i wouldnt let that influence the decision if the mazda looked like a better deal.
The BT is a little cheaper and missed out on the software upgrade the Ranger got that improves the torque curve. It all comes down to the dealer and their attitude with price.

yep defenantly don't get the manual my brothers friend has just done a gearbox and it hasn't had its 10k service yet, and this is in the latest mk11 ranger

What r the auto's like?
All the manual deisels i have driven have been pretty ordinary.

did a deal yesterday for a new Ranger XLT with a few extras.
ARB canopy
ARB bull bar (Summit style) colour matched
ARB snorkel and a REDARC brake controller
DARK WINDOW TINT
BLACK DUCK seat covers
and tha car is MIca black.....should look rather good

it should be ready

Latest posts

Back