Timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not referring particularly to Tony's post...just generally....and I don't just see failures on forums....that's just internet tripe as far as I'm concerned...read my post and youll notice ...from real life experience

That's why I called it a "skewed cross-section" rather than "totally biased against x y or z". Not everyone's here to bitch, some are here for other reasons - but if you scored the threads as "complaint - non-complaint" you KNOW the balance is going to be on the 'complaint' side (where 'complaint' is defined as "asking about what is perceived, seen or proven as a problem").

Not as many threads about flower arrangements (and Dave, you really need to lift your game there) or cross-stitching seams on lingerie. Come on guys, what is WRONG with you all?

The day the Labor party start cross-stitching or flower arranging is the day Dave makes threads related to such interesting topics.

That's why I called it a "skewed cross-section" rather than "totally biased against x y or z". Not everyone's here to bitch, some are here for other reasons - but if you scored the threads as "complaint - non-complaint" you KNOW the balance is going to be on the 'complaint' side (where 'complaint' is defined as "asking about what is perceived, seen or proven as a problem").

Not as many threads about flower arrangements (and Dave, you really need to lift your game there) or cross-stitching seams on lingerie. Come on guys, what is WRONG with you all?

yeah...tho the 'Gay' thread is gaining popularity

I still wish that our engines used timing gears rather than chains and tensioners.

I hear that like all good things from the 80's Stan is back.

Does he sell timing chains?

I still wish that our engines used timing gears rather than chains and tensioners.

That'd be a novel idea. YD25.com.au do have the better alternative - but no chains at all would be too much to ask for when they could put in recycled BMX chains to ensure the dealers could flog spares & score hours of labour.

You have to wonder why they couldn't add some bullet-proofing like that and would have to question their motives.

Your rite about the BMX chain Old Tony. That was exactly what I thought when I changed mine. The Nissan built 4.2l patrol diesel has timing gears. I have had tree 4.2's over the years and never had to put a spanner on one of them. They just keep running. The only thing they did to the 4.2's in the GU was add EGR that needed to be blocked. I now that that engine out dated and did lack performance unless you worked them up, but their reliability can't be beaten. I know what I would rather have under the bonnet crossing the Simpson or doing the canning.

It is a very common fault on YD25, Due to high oil acidity caused by agressive EGR activity! REPROGRAM YOUR ECM's people!!! There is a countermeasure software level that should be installed on D40 and R51 WHEN THE CHAIN IS REPLACED. this addresses the oil quality issues.

Back