toolbox size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
Hey I'm an apprentice chippy and looking buying a new toolbox for the nav. What do you think the best size is? Not sure whether to get a standard rectangular one or one of the high sided, side opening toolboxes. All opinions appreciated

Thanks, Jay

mate im a plumber, so i have a high side cause i have heaps of stuff to carry, but if its only for your power tools as a lock up i would go a rectangular one.

i'm a sparky, I have 2x 1800x550x700(I think) on my ute, side opening & doors go all the way to the bottom, I still have the sides on the tray as a second lock if you know what I mean, shelves & rola cases & they work great, I had the rectangular ones before and they were an absolute pain in the arse as everything is on top of each other.

If you aren't in too much of a rush, I will most likely be selling mine in the near future as i'm trading up a dual cab.

Another Plumber here! I have recently put two of the Kingcrome 1500mmx600mmx500mm Alloy low profile toolboxes on the back of my ute. They replace hammertone black steel boxes which get way too hot during summer so much so you occasionally burn your hand getting a shifter out if you're not careful. Def get alloy! Being a chippy the upright type might suite you more (like the ones the Beerdrinker might be selling) in case you want keep a drop saw or similar in it. Keep an eye out for specials I got both my boxes for $600 each, they usually retail for $900 each.

Cheers Brad

im a brickie and im going to get the high side upright side opening ones. sick of pulling crap out to get to stuff at the bottom.

I'm a computer tech and I just want something out of the bloody way. I'm still in the process of making mine (well to be honest the process hasn't started) but I'm making it ti fit down the drivers side of the tub and over the wheel arch similar to Matt's and then I wont have to stuff around as much when cart longer stuff which hangs out the rear of the tub.

hmmm mixed opinions here. I really like the idea of the high sided but then it creates a much bigger blind spot

There has been a raging fight on another forum for months about how to adjust mirrors for blind spots, most of their crap is based around some Yanks theory, no fact just theory, but while your point about high sides creating a blind spot does have some validity as JDB says you'll learn to use your mirrors better and you'll also get to a point very quickly where you rarely even notice them in your mirrors.

If the high sides is what you want I wouldn't let something like a blind spot cloud your judgment, driving is about being able to adapt to the conditions and if you have no choice because you fitted tool boxes that create a blind spot you'll learn to accommodate them just like everyone else that has them has done.

+1 on learning to use mirrors.
The arse of the ute is so huge that it is impossible to see little old mini's behind you any way.

Shrug, I have no view every time I load up to go away anyway.
Yes, different to every day driving, but you do be come atuned to driving with just rear view mirrors.

i have decided to go with a tall sided toolbox. Just got to find one cheap enough now. And yes i agree learning to use your mirrors is important. When learning to drive i was farces to reverse only with my mirrors. At the time i hated it but now i really do appreciate it

Latest posts

Back