Top Gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchstr

Reaction score
Was watching top gear tonight and they had a beefed up red hilux on there which run on diesel & avgas mix, sounded interesting.. :idea:

Anyone know much bout it, would it have been done as an injection setup or just mixed fuel?
Any ideas..?

saw bits on that...nice rig hey.. and fug, did ya see the treatment they were givin it.

they were using special blend winter diesel and the avgas.

me thinks the avgas which is around 110ron is used for starting purposes in that climate.
anyone else care to elaborate.

This link some might find worth a read.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/mixing_gasoline_and_diesel.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh very cool...
they gave it heaps...
how was the bit where they put the tyre back on the rim, filled it with lighter gas and lit it up! wtf!??

this one...
Vefur_6.jpg

cheers mate...

Last edited:
Have spoken to a guys who has a hydrogen set up on his 80 series 1000 klms on standard tank with hydrogen. But no not av gas she'd be knocking like fug I would have thought.

Awesome episode, they were flogging the lux, I was cracking up all the way through it.

Shit drivers though the pair of them. What you don't really see is the 2 support vehicles that did the same trip with trailers.

Althought the drink driving over international waters was funny. They got in all kinds of complaints about it at the time.

haha.. yeh there was a glimpse of the support cars and when they got stuck they were snatched out by 1 of them, so if they werent there they would be have been stuffed!

Latest posts

Back