Tough Dog Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
Seriously people , this is the " dumbest " $ 40.00 I've ever saved
Just finished assembling my tough dog front shocks / springs and the heart stopping moments as the claws moved on the springs had aged me 50 years i reckon
i seriously recommend you buy the things complete or have a professional do it , its not worth the risk I've decided , and would never do it again to save 10 times that !!!!!1

A bloke I worked with had one let go on him when he was working with a TJM franchise. Apparently he was ugly and dumb prior to it happening, you should see him now!

Yeah it got pretty hairy when I did mine. Had the strut in a vice that fell over and we dived like a live grenade was dropped. Air ratcheting it down in a steel digger bucket.

To topic off the spring compressors my mate recommend to do the job were slipping and bending over more then a blue chip girl. After a few hours of failure we blew an extra 200-300 bucks on a industrial set of spring compressors and had each coil over done in 2 minutes flat.

Never again. Just buying them complete or going to a suspension shop and asking them to do it for me.

Yeah it got pretty hairy when I did mine. Had the strut in a vice that fell over and we dived like a live grenade was dropped. Air ratcheting it down in a steel digger bucket.

To topic off the spring compressors my mate recommend to do the job were slipping and bending over more then a blue chip girl. After a few hours of failure we blew an extra 200-300 bucks on a industrial set of spring compressors and had each coil over done in 2 minutes flat.

Never again. Just buying them complete or going to a suspension shop and asking them to do it for me.

Amen to that !!!

I got mine pre-assembled from 4WD-1 in Sydney. Came with a steel cable around them, cut the cable and install- Simple as!. Well worth the little extra they charge to pr-assemble them for you, and a lot safer!.

Latest posts

Back