Tourer Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined up looking for guys and gals that are into touring or like me in the process of building a tourer. Would like to get some ideas or maybe even share some ideas with anyone interested in the same topic

Hey Mate,

Im in the progress of building up a tourer also.

Have a very long way to go. probably be a couple years to get all the coin to get it perfect but its all started and ready to go!

Good luck with all the endevours!

Welcome to the forum!

Ours is set up for touring, either with or without the caravan. Depending on destination, I change the load to include/exclude things like a portable oven, gas or charcoal BBQ, fridge, recovery gear, tools, generator, spare diesel, chainsaw - as I said, it depends where we're going.

So, what kind of touring did you have in mind?

Hi and welcome too the forum.
I have mine set up as a tourer/serious 4x4, I have a canopy with a set of draws with lots of goodies packed in, fridges and esky, but I have a 2" lift, 30mm body lift and 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson's, with snorkel and bulbar on the way.
Hope you enjoy the forum

Hi Every one.

@ Old.Tony: I am looking starting a doing a few little weekender trips around WA atm. Esperance, Pemberton, Wedge Island etc. Once i get a bit of time and experience under my belt, i would love to head back to Tassie to explore the west coast. I did a few little trips about 8 yrs ago with a mate who had a D21 cab chassi 4x4. I had so much fun too. My ultimate goal is to do the Canning Stock Route. For now i am just aiming to do as much as i can with just my D22 STR, but later on down the track i want to buy an off road camper.

Gday and welcome mate !!:welcome: Lots of info on here...........Also lots of BS...........And a bit of fun!:big_smile:

You will need a Snorkell fitted if your going to make it to Tassie:sarcastic:

You'll be getting the idea by now that setting up a tourer will depend on personal preferences and destinations. Apart from a few basics (snorkel, intercooler, compressor etc) we can only tell you what we use. You'll need to head bush a few times & see what you use or don't use, wish you had or wish you'd left behind. Its best to head out with mates - check out what they carry. And if you camp near some one else, head over and say hello - and also see what gear they have & why?

Also - a big +1 on the west coast of Tassie. By foot, by boat, or by 4x4 - its a freakin wonderland.

Latest posts

Back