tradie etiquette

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read every post but I've just jumped in on the last few teacher posts.

I agree teachers do winge a lot sometimes its just noise but
other times there justified.

All teachers deserve some kind of pay raise especially because these days parents expect teachers to raise their kids as well as educate them.

My finance is a teacher (3rd year out) and has really put in the hard yards and made a lot of sacrifices. She definitely deserves more pay as do a lot of other teachers out there.

However, there is a shit load of teachers out there who deserve minimum wage at most (particularly principles with zero leadership qualities). Even hard working teachers thick lazy teachers shouldn't earn the same as them.

The funny thing is that even though some teachers thick they should get paid more than others they still have this huge thing against performance based pay.

They also seem to think there jobs the hardest in the world. Which is in a way offensive to other trades.

There job is farkn hard!!! but so are a lot of other jobs

I reckon the teachers get this wingy attitude beaten into them by the unions though Uni

Luckily my girl is marring a level headed lad (thats me) that has been able to assist her see the light of day.

You'd have to pay me 100k+ to teach kids, but some teachers do it for a lot less

The only reason they are against performance-based pay is because most/all other government jobs aren't. If you ask me, they all should be performance-based.

My GF's friend is a new teacher, she cannot even string one Facebook status update together without using crap spelling, punctuation and grammar, I can only imagine what she's teaching those poor helpless little souls. What kind of a future do we have?

My GF's friend is a new teacher, she cannot even string one Facebook status update together without using crap spelling, punctuation and grammar, I can only imagine what she's teaching those poor helpless little souls. What kind of a future do we have?

Blame the uni or the teacher she did prac with for not being tough enough!

A teacher than cant spell seems to get though but I don't know of any chippies that cant hit a nail with a hammer who have gotten through.

But you tradies may know of some? :big_smile:

Could also blame poor pay and conditions for not attracting the best people.

I know a builder (who has one of the national franchises) and I doubt he's ever raised a hammer, and the way his tradies work I'd be suprised if any of them knew how to use their tools properly. There's morons in every industry just some of them stand out more.

I worked in Admin at a high school for 16 years and agree some teachers are a waste of space while others are worth more money. One of the problems as I see it is that a lot of teachers spend 12 years at school, leave there and go to Uni for 4 years then go straight back to school. They know no other life, have no life skills and have no idea of what happens in the real world. The teachers I found to be the best were ex-tradies in the Manual Arts department and teachers who had trained later in life after working some time in a real job.

I am an ex-tradie (fitter & turner). I was told I could fit something in a hole and turn food into sh1t so I retrained in electronics and went into office equipment and computer service. Even in office situations where you turn up in a suit and tie (I worked for IBM) you still occasionly were treated like you crept out from under a rock. That taught me to offer any one who comes to my place for a job either a coffee or a cold drink. 50% of the time they refuse as they carry all they need, probably due to similar previous experiences as some of you guys.

Go tradies !! :rock:

Latest posts

Back