trip for SE Qlders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah very simple, i suggest to go home via white swamp to boonah also, more nice scenery

another short day track out that way near cunninghams gap are spicers gap which can get a little tough when washed out and rutted ...been a few years since i've done it, would have to check they haven't fenced it off from 4wds like a lot of other tracks to force you to bushwalk.

another short day track out that way near cunninghams gap are spicers gap which can get a little tough when washed out and rutted ...been a few years since i've done it, would have to check they haven't fenced it off from 4wds like a lot of other tracks to force you to bushwalk.

went with a mate in august up that track, i rode passenger for the trip, it was pretty good, when dry, would be boring and unchallenging, when wet (like when we did it) there was sloppy mud everywhere, was good fun.

What a great day. My wife's first time at anything like that (mine as well but the difference is she did not want to go). I managed to stall it in the middle of one crossing but it started first try and we reached the other side. The Nav did well as it has no suspension mods and normal road tyres. Also it is amazing how many crossings it will do in 2WD:jester:
Great photos from all you guys and here are a few more pix with not a D40 in sight.

Attachments

• Condamine 1.jpg
    Condamine 1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Condamine 4.jpg
    Condamine 4.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Condamine 5.jpg
    Condamine 5.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 43
Did you come in from the east or west side?

we took a trip up spicers gap road off the cunningham highway just on teh southern side of the Gap. as you reach the flats its just opposite a rest stop.

Google Map

from memory theres a few fences to open, some state forest to contend with and a creek crossing.

Last edited:
Yer Russ and I went home via white swamp very pretty and easy I was followed by a chrysler 300c for a fair way

I am new to this forum so it would be awesome to meet some of the people. I was looking at the kings bore track possibly over Xmas and if possible using the Harry hut track to get there but with all this rain I'm not sure if it is possible. Just another idea

Oh I forgot to mention the location for those who have not heard of it before, it cuts through the national park on double island.

I wasn't aware that you could get to king's bore from harry's hut other than via the cooloola way and off rainbow beach road.

Was out at Harry's and Cooloola Way a week and a half ago in the pouring rain, made for some very interesting moments in the mud with a surprisingly deep water crossing. It didn't look much from the approach but when well fell into it we had blue water over the bonnet.

I have not done it myself but apparently it does hook up to the bore track. I'm going with a few mates that have done it before but as I said if more rain comes apparently it can get deep. Did you get any photo's?

I made a call and got a few directions, instead of turning of the main drag to go up to harry's hut you keep going straight... Like I said red dog I've never done it but I'm keen to check it out.

If you go to the DERM website you can get a map of the Cooloola area which shows the tracks your referring to. To drive the bore track I think you'll need the day permit which is available from the DERM site for $10.

Latest posts

Back