Truck of the Month

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On the ClubFrontier Forum for the Nth American Nissan trucks they have a monthly poll for Truck of the Month. How it works is fairly simple . Members can nominate another members ride. Once Nominations are closed then it is up to all members to vote for the rig they think is best of of the nominations. Once a winner is decided then the vehicle is somewhat show cased. It just means that every month a new vehicle is highlighted displaying all the info that the owner can furnish. Mods etc are all listed along with pics. Now there is no other prize for this bar bragging rights. It does however highlight a particular vehicle every month.
For instance say Krankin gets the prize this month. all the info for his truck would be displayed for all to read . Next month could be Scotty and so on. The way they run it in the US is you cant be TOTM twice in the same year .
Now its totally up to the members if we want to have a shot at this but it just means we get to see more about an individual truck each month. All the pics and specs etc are up to the owner to supply. This is a very low maintenance type deal and doesnt mean any individual member has a heap of work to do.
What does everyone think?

This thread is silly purely for the fact your example used "Krankin" is just outrageous. Atleast it's a '22

problem is he'll probably win next month too, maybe we should stick with members ride threads

Might be a good idea but I'd be wondering how many would bother voting, poll threads no matter how silly get about 5% votes to views. The way people vote on this site it's potential that UOTM would only need 2 votes.

I'm on the club frontier forum a bit too, I like the truck of the month thread, always have a look, like aussie said you can only win once in 12months so keeps it rotating, there are some mental vehicles in the US to choose from

To save time, Scotty, just post up your details. You've won the first month,. :sarcastic: (Everybody loves an LS1 4by)

Depends on people's needs.

As cool as Scotts ute is, it wouldn't suit my needs.

If it came down to a mildly worked ZD30 or YD25 verse the V8.

The 4 cylinder turbo diesel would get my vote.

A lot also depends on how much pride people have in their trucks. If its just a ride for general flogging then this wont be for them. But if you have spent a shedload of time on your trck then you may just have some pride in it.

I'm not really one for praise or glorification, my ute is for me not for others to tell me how good it is but as aussie suggests if such the thing was to work it's more about pride and less about wank factor. Big wheels, high lift, loudest exhaust etc can only be minor factors, that's not to say vehicles with such can't win but it has to mean they aren't shoe ins to win.

Another thing to think about is the fact that it also will show what mods are able to be done on the various trucks.
yes we can do searches and get a few results but if we have a record against each months winner that shows all the mods etc then it will help others see exactly what will and wont work and more importantly how much work is involved.This only works if the members want it to .
It doesnt matter if its a black top toy like mine or a 100% mud chucking beast. it will still give others information on things like wiring or wheels or suspension.

And personally speaking, i'd vote for a truck that has had a lot of effort put into it to make it do its job before one thats been driven to ARB with an open cheque book.
Doesn't have to be that the person physically got the welder out and started making things, more that they went to the effort to at least research the bits they were putting on and get he right ones for them.
Thats starting to sound wrong, don't mean to offend anyone with fully ARB decked out vehicles, as long as they do their job

BravoBrad said:
To save time, Scotty, just post up your details. You've won the first month,. :sarcastic: (Everybody loves an LS1 4by)

This isn't 4ws craption unfortunately. But scottys is quite nice.

Not it isn't because we can all spell Navara, Yota Monthly don't seem to know how.

wouldnt be a bad idea. could be interesting. worst case if it doesnt go well, just can it.

I realise this is a SUPER old thread but I like the idea of it....... and its just kinda sitting up the top of the list gathering the internet's version of dust, so I've decided to re-kick this thing off with a nomination :) Whats the worst that can happen anyway? No one votes?

Moving on, my nomination is Joshy's green D22 monster. I'm about 30 pages into his build thread and I am in love with his car :)

I spose there is one thing left..

LET THE VOTING BEGIN (hopefully)!!

D40Ryan

I got the pleasure of seeing Boxy's D40 up close at Nolans in the OTT. This thing is well built and a few handy custom items made it look sweet. Even the d40s he was travelling with had there own touch.

Latest posts

Back