tub layout

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim C

Reaction score
hi guys, first off im new to the navara forum,
ive just baught a 2009 d22 a couple of weeks ago and am looking to do some weekends out in the scrub, wondering if anyone has any good advice on a layout for all the needed gear in the tub? even any pics would be great!

also whats a good spot to have a power socket in the back of the cabbin?
any advice would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

Make sure your recovery gear is at the top and easily accessible. Make sure it is all secured otherwise you will end up with damaged stuff it is all sliding and bouncing around in the tub all day, be very careful how you pack your stubies in the esky/fridge as they will smash easily if too lose.

Welcome to the forum!

Tub layouts depend on a number of things. We have a canopy on ours, so an aux battery sits over the right wheel arch and most business happens through the left and rear windows. I'm also reasonably tall, so I can reach into the fridge mounted up the front left side of the tub, but others choose to mount theirs in the back on a slide.

No pics because I change my layout depending on what I'm doing. I take out the tools and put in the diesel jerry cans for long hauls. The jerry cans come out and the recovery gear goes in for off-roading. The recovery gear goes out and the picnic gear goes in for family outings.

thanks equipt, ive been trying to think of a good way to even tie down a fridge in the back that wont absorb too much shock from jumping around?

cheers tony, i dont have a canopy though it does sound like a great idea.. is there a best way to fix down a fridge in the tub or just pack it in as well as possible? i havent been out for any trip yet so appologies for any ignorance!!

maybe look at getting a rubber mat or spray on ute liner to help stop the fridge sliding around also tie it down so it doesn't bump around.

ive been trying to think of a good way to even tie down a fridge in the back that wont absorb too much shock from jumping around?

I cut a sheet of ply to fit snug into the bottom of the tub and strap the fridge down to that.

Latest posts

Back