Tub Liners beware.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive seen the results of a supercheap kit
not pretty
you get what you pay for
i believe raptor is exactly what rhinolinings use
and they quoted me $950

yep I agree - stay away from the super crap stuff - get the raptor - if anyone needs a brissy supplier I can track down the number.

raptor kits you cna pickup from anywhere. even autobarn can get it in if needed. i went to Salisbury Paint Supplies and asked them and got there branded one with gone for $180ish might of been cheaper. they colour it any colour you want and give you everything you need. 4L tin and only used just over 2.5L of it to do tub and tailgate.

most paint supply places will do it and some even there own stuff. the only reason Rhino cost so much is cause the put such a thick coating on and bake it rather then let it cure via sunlight and time.

Rusty

Oh! Didn't realise paint suppliers carried these lines. Need tyres first - after that I'll track a kit down. Ta for info!

FYI all.

The commercial spray on liners e.g. Rhino are a 2 component (2 pak as it is commonly known) product. The base is heated to reduce the viscosity to allow it be sprayed. It is not baked. Cure times are in minutes via chemical reaction. It is also 100% volume solids which equals no solvent for thinning. This means they can apply coatings mm's thick without the risk of solvent entrapment and subsequent coating failure.

The Data Sheet for this stuff (Raptor) is really vague.....urethane formulation??

All decent polyurethanes are isocyanate cured. Doesn't mean this stuff isn't good, but do not expect it to perform like Rhino, Line-x or any of the other commercially applied 2k liners. It is also worth noting Raptor and other similar products only apply at a max dry film thickness of 250 microns (.25mm). Rhino etc will be applied at 3mm plus

FWIW, I'm probably gonna use this on my tray.

I could go on and on about this. In a nutshell, Raptor will suit the needs of most of us, but it is not in the same league as the commercially applied liners (e.g. Rhino)

Last edited:
I went with rhino lining. And it's a massively thick coating. And I'm glad it is as well, as I've put a few scratches/wear marks in mine.

i got my raptor kit from autolac cardiff $255 with gun
phone (02) 4956 7600

They're available on ebay for around $185 delivered from the US - that includes the gun. When searching be sure to select 'worldwide' - heaps listed.

They're available on ebay for around $185 delivered from the US - that includes the gun. When searching be sure to select 'worldwide' - heaps listed.

You just need to be careful ordering paint (type) products from overseas - customs may grab it unless you included sufficient detail to show it's approved for use in Aus. This won't always happen but don't be surprised if it does.

I just finished spraying the Raptor lining in my D40 and can't sing the praises of this product and how user friendly it is enough. I have 2 mates who have now bought the kit and getting me to help them do their utes after seeing the quality of the product on my Navara. I tried getting my from the States but they wouldn't ship dangerous liquids to my address. Ended up buying it from Cardiff as detailed earlier in this post for $250 with Shutz gun.

Latest posts

Back