Turbo Dead

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trav298

Reaction score
Hi guys,
been a while since I have been on here, and looks like my turbo is dead. I have lost a heap of boost and it makes a terrible noise when you turn the engine off.
I have the turbo off and apart at the moment and there is a big flat washer on the exhaust side just behind the exhaust turbine (Im guessing a heat shield) which appears to be flogged out and just rattles like hell. Im gunna try source one but am having some difficulties.
At this stage I think I will just buy a replacement turbo, fit it and sell the car, the old girl has done 170,000km and is starting to cost me too much money.
If any of you guys have come across something similar your advice would be appreciated.

On another note, once the Colorado 7 wagon comes out it will be parked in my driveway to replace the Navara, Duramax diesel and 6 speed auto is hard to walk away from!!

only reply to your comment about the colorado 7, its not actually a duramax diesel, its a VM motori diesel from italy, the same engine used in the jeep wrangler actually, except for some silly reason holden took some of the power away 132kw instead of the jeeps 147kw

if you were to keep the car dont replace with the stock turbo..

replace it with a td04 or td05 or something similar, get better performance and get rid of the variable vane bullshit

Hey Jimmy_jay, can you please elaborate on the TD04 / TD05 turbo's? I'm just about to sell my 2007 ST-X D40 and the Garrett turbo has just died. I've found a replacement OEM for $660.00 out of a wreck in Victoria.

Latest posts

Back