Tyres Protruding Guards

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bekka22

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have just put a new set of rims (not sure of the offset) and 31' maxxis trepadors and they protrude about an inch and a half out of the guards. I just want people's opinions of whether or not I'll get **** up for this by the cops or any suggestions of how to make it a bit better? Have attached a couple of pictures, just after people's opinions please, as I realise this is probably a stupid question. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-4043357329.jpg
    image-4043357329.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 220
  • image-157823271.jpg
    image-157823271.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 197
  • image-3542892556.jpg
    image-3542892556.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Depends on who pulls you over and for what! But if they get picky and if the rubber can be seen protruding the guards it's un road worthy ! Sooo put the stick down lol

Last edited:
As above, either change the rims for something with more positive offset or go to bunnings and get some of that rubber garden egding stuff that other people use when they have that problem...

Yeah just use that plastic stuff around the guards

Attachments

• 8s-aenudw7V-jYb6fsu1xmEtTAYzsEnzoGoJ_SBhdbioiq-BoyduERhNUc1Kj8-kqhv91Uts75R_CrR5KBtNRFnMUeVKVe-d.jpg
    8s-aenudw7V-jYb6fsu1xmEtTAYzsEnzoGoJ_SBhdbioiq-BoyduERhNUc1Kj8-kqhv91Uts75R_CrR5KBtNRFnMUeVKVe-d.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 165
i wouldn't worry about it, not technically legal but they look fine. i've seen a lot worse!
you'd be unlucky to get done, but it's your call.

yes with only standard suspension but had to trim the mudguard.No side pics unfortunately but there is a way of working out what the offset rim width and offset is even with the tires on.

Latest posts

Back