U Bolt and leaf springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

had my nav for just over a year now and have had this small rattling noise when i go over any bumps, driveways or load it up.

i investigated a few times and couldnt find the fault, today i had enough so got my brother to look under the car while i jumped on the tow ball.

Found that now for over a year my u bolts were loose, you could literally push the bracket like a swing on the axle which secures the leaf springs in place. i couldnt believe it................it somehow got past the diesel mechganic that sold it to me :suicide2:

haha so tightened both sets of bolts anyone had any problems with overtightening does it require a torgue wrench?

haha so tightened both sets of bolts anyone had any problems with overtightening does it require a torgue wrench?

Yeah go the torque wrench. And I'd go a new set of U-bolts since they've been violently loaded and totally unloaded repeatedly thousands of times since coming loose.

Latest posts

Back