UHF install - handy spot in D22 with double din headunit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtim123

Reaction score
Thought i should share this out with you guys - ive not seen it done this way yet (surely someone else has though, im not that clever).

I mounted the UHF unit down next to my seat on the outside of the center console. great i thought! had it there for a few months and all was good.

until yesterday.

i had to take the wife's car in for a service so she had to drive the ute to work. this is where the problems began. there is a fair height difference between the wife and i (i'm 6'3" and she is just under 5'3") so needless to say she needed to slide the seat forward. i have it all the way back, but due to the location of the UHF the seatbelt buckle bolt fouled it and it could not slide forward.

this is a problem because clearly i have deliberately done this so she cannot drive it :-/

anyway, i have a double din head unit already installed and no other location to install the UHF to that looks somewhat tidy. then i decided to get out the jigsaw ;)

what do you think - old location and new location shown in pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20131014_191309.jpg
    IMG_20131014_191309.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 883
nice one, very tidy and out of the way while still being easy to reach for any adjustments.
I like it.

How much room is in there?? my unit is a little bigger so i may pull out the console and have a look, well done.

Thanks bods, (I must get new glasses :) ). So as the UH-090 is 36 mm (H) x 127 mm (W) x 148 mm (D), there is a good chance I can instal my UH-7740NB (126.5mm (W) x 100.5mm (D) x 36mm (H)) in the same spot. Unless of course if the D40 has something under there that a D22 doesn't.

How much room is in there?? my unit is a little bigger so i may pull out the console and have a look, well done.

there was actually a fair bit of room under there - an added benefit is it forms a kind of amplifier inside the cavity!

Thanks bods, (I must get new glasses :) ). So as the UH-090 is 36 mm (H) x 127 mm (W) x 148 mm (D), there is a good chance I can instal my UH-7740NB (126.5mm (W) x 100.5mm (D) x 36mm (H)) in the same spot. Unless of course if the D40 has something under there that a D22 doesn't.

yeah, not sure about the D40, but the D22 literally has nothing in there apart from the handbrake lever! i could have gone at least 20mm extra in each direction i think!

That's a great use of that kinda useless area, top idea.

cheers mate, and cheers to everyone else too. i subscribed to this thread but for some reason the email notifications were going into my spam folder. sorted now ;)

Latest posts

Back