Underbody noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt714me

Reaction score
HI all I have a knocking noise under my 07 d22 feels like its coming from under the drivers floor pan It also feels like its banging the actual floor pan.
I have taken it to pedders and they put it on their suspension checking gizmos and the found a worn bottom ball joint which has now been replaced.
But the knocking is still there
The knocking first became evident to me after a floggings through dunes to get to our fishing spot
The mechanics that fixed the ball joint could not find it either the knocking is only really noticeable driving over slightly rough roads or corrugations.
I am now thinking it could be a broken engine mount or gearbox mount or could it be or I am just not used to torsion bar suspension as I have never had a car with it
Any suggestions?

Do a search around but most of the time it turns out to be a worn body mount, it seems fairly common.

Also check that the retaining clips are still around the torsion bars near the adjuster end, if one of them is missing the end of the bar could be whipping around in the housing, you may have to pull the rubber boot back a little to see it from memory.

I got the same problem once. I had a bad idler arm which knocked the steering arround. The bolt in the idler arm on the right side had worn out and to much play in it. And while the suspension was working or I was turning while driving it knocked. I was looking for the noise for about 2 days as i finally noticed that the front wheel on the driver side had about 5 mm of play in it. I could move it by hand and thats where i noticed that the whole steeringbar was moving back and forth because of the play from the idler arm

Body mounts for sure i just replaced all 8 of mine all were perished and the inner tube warped there was a bad batch out of Thailand the dealer had 3 attempts to fix it they replaced 2 mounts and tightened the other 6 the problem remained despite still under wty i got all 8 from nizzbits now it's better than new mine started knocking with 300kms on the clock.Try a search on the forum this issue comes up regularly.

Latest posts

Back