Urgent help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im pretty sure i read in "JOSHY'S" build thread that he broke the transfer a few times, and thats well before he got crazy and turned it into a full on comp truck and entered in the TUFF TRUCK comps.

Maybe have a read through that thread and see if you can find why he was breaking them,
(I think you will find it early in the thread)

Hello guys yea that's my nav she olny just done 70.000km. I had it since new, I have been 4wdin for years now been 4wdin even before I had a licences with the old man, so I have a fair amount of experience, living so close to Vic high country how could you not ! In 4L first gear steap hill at woods point 2 of my mate patrol went up no real issues the were 2 main step up, but been up worst, I felt it Lift the front left I back of the gas but by the time it hit the ground bang ! New what I had done almost straight away. The front end should not let go that easy ! My mates in the patrols could not believe it, nor could I ! Maybe its time for a Patrol ! Td4.2 gu so I have order a new chain! New front diff, re balanced the front shaft! Hope all is well now! Might leave the hard 4wdin to the boys in the patrols I just drink cans.

Ps love the egr mod ! More power, less diesel, no flat spot !

And has any one change a t-case chain :) any hints

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Ahh, the dreaded wheel lift ... has happened to a couple of people here, most notably our esteemed Muster Treasurer.

There's a solution: the Harrop front diff e-Locker. You won't have that problem again. Combine it with a rear locker and you'll be bitching about the vehicle's turning, but won't have part of your driveline blow up from a spinning wheel.

Proves it can happen to the best of us.

^^that or a 4wd systems lokka. At least then the wheels both turn at the same speed, so if you lift one it won't increase in speed and bust something when it comes back down.

Good luck with the repair

Cheers mate, yea got a new Gen Nissisn from Australian Transmission Components in Wagga Wagga (0269336888) for $ 395+GST, Very happy with that when a Gen Nissian one from Nissan was $850!!! wow !!!

Thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Back