US Muscle cars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone got an american toy?
Am thinking bout buying myself a toy ( long story)
Thinking about a 69 Camaro SS. I do have a question though.
If the US cars had red lenses in the back and flashed brake lights for indicators then how do you get it registered here. Does it mean you have to change lenses to show amber or you can get away with playing with coloured globes or leds so they show amber when lit

just askin

Sorry can't answer your question regarding the tail light/indicator combo as over here in NZ it's perfectly fine, even truckies running high spec american rigs run red indicators on the back just like the States over here.

Anyway here's a picture of my toy.
1964 Ford Galaxy XL500 pillarless.

TheGalaxie_zps3aa264e8.jpg

Pretty sure its ok. You can run LHD on cars past a certain age to keep them original.

Different rules apply in different states. Some states allow modified LHD and Some dont, best to check locally.

I just rang a mate who has a C4 and they made him run amber lenses. However he did mention it may be ok to run the red lenses as long as they flash amber so will keep that in mind.
Funny part is I still have all the fun of trying to locate a car and get it here etc and Im worried about tail light colour hahaha
Ah well the game has only just begun

Just looking for a decent rust free car , not exactly a show car but something unmolested stock .From what I have seen I should be able to find a semi decent car for around the 25kUS mark.I want stock so that I dont have to worry about someone elses mods.
Something along the lines of a 69 Camaro SS, 350 or 327,Auto ,metallic blue with the white stripes,horseshoe shifter,cowl hood,rear spoiler ,Rally wheels
that sort of thing ,basically a stock car

Back