V9X intercooler to turbo pipe replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't bother, the bit you need to transfer is a spring wire piece, unless you take to it with wire cutters it would be pretty hard to damage it.

Mate to undo them do you prise off the black things all together with a small screw driver?

Mate to undo them do you prise off the black things all together with a small screw driver?

Pretty much, it doesn't take a lot of effort, it's a simple job, as per my original post it wasn't more than a 3 tool job and while I'm somewhat mechanically minded it wasn't overly challenging.

My tip would be to fit the hard pipes to the intercooler and turbo with the soft pipe fitted but don't do the clamps on the soft pipe up till your finished.

I struggled a bit fitting the hard pipe to the intercooler, but I blame me not anything else.

Jump in, you'll find it easier than you are building it up to be.

I have installed plazmaman hard pipe on my 550 -spring clips hold the pipe in 3 places at 120 angle - to remove spring clips you dont need to brake plastic clips - plastic clips have indentantions where spring clips clip in - when you do that spring is out of the pipe at 2 places - then you lift the the 3rd spring part and pull the pipe off.
It is much easier to do than to describe :)
Hard pipe seals with o ring and a taper which why it needs to be pushed in all the way. You will know it is in all the way if spring slots are aligned with the channel and spring clips in.

Last edited:
Plazaman hard pipe turned up on Monday, will fit up on the weekend.

Well I fitted it up, no big dramas, had a bit if probs pushing pipe on intercooler end for clips to clip in, bit of paint off it but got it on, rubber joining hose wouldn't want to be any shorter, but it's all good.

Last edited:
Well I fitted it up, no big dramas, had a bit if probs pushing pipe on intercooler end for clips to clip in, bit of paint off it but got it on, rubber joining hose wouldn't want to be any shorter, but it's all good.

Looks like I could have a leaking intercooler, bottom row looks like it has a oil weep.

Gday guys i also fitted aplasmaman pipe to my 550 noticed imediate improvment to exelaration almost all turbo lag gone lnoticed oil on garage floor and found leak in intercooler it was replaced l ast week under waranty l went to put bashplate back on today and found oil on left side of NEW intercooler will ring dealer tomorrow will see what happens

Gday guys i also fitted aplasmaman pipe to my 550 noticed imediate improvment to exelaration almost all turbo lag gone lnoticed oil on garage floor and found leak in intercooler it was replaced l ast week under waranty l went to put bashplate back on today and found oil on left side of NEW intercooler will ring dealer tomorrow will see what happens

Bit of a joke hey, had my intercooler replaced few months back also, i am keeping a close eye on it. im going to give the dealer the option to replace it with an aftermarket one if the nissan one is going to keep failing. . .

Bit of a joke hey, had my intercooler replaced few months back also, i am keeping a close eye on it. im going to give the dealer the option to replace it with an aftermarket one if the nissan one is going to keep failing. . .

Not sure if anyone has done an aftermarket inter cooler for the 550 yet.

I did read somewhere that ARE in brissy I think where looking at doing a core replacement on an exchange basis , but not sure if it has happened.

Plazmaman would be the other option but as far as I can see they haven't done one yet either. We need a pioneer.

Cheers

If i ever for any reason remove my bar i will take off the intercooler and measure it up properly and source a better one and finish the hard piping while i have front access as i can see this being an ongoing thing.

Took 550 to dealer today they said oil should not be in intercooler they are going to check seal in turbo i am going away for 3 wks it is booked in i will let yas know when i get back they reckon ok to drive till then

Not sure if anyone has done an aftermarket inter cooler for the 550 yet.

I did read somewhere that ARE in brissy I think where looking at doing a core replacement on an exchange basis , but not sure if it has happened.

Plazmaman would be the other option but as far as I can see they haven't done one yet either. We need a pioneer.

Cheers

Rang plazmaman today, you can buy an intercooler, it's fitting and hard piping that you'll need to make up. They were looking at it later in the year.

Rang plazmaman today, you can buy an intercooler, it's fitting and hard piping that you'll need to make up. They were looking at it later in the year.

Yeah you could go that way. I still think cutting the inlet & outlet tanks off and fitting a new core would be the way to go as fitment would not be an issue.

ARE cooling do this on older model Navara's, not the 550 yet.

http://www.are.com.au/Inter/topMountIntercoolers.htm

Cheers

Don't make the mistake I did and have the clamps on the edge of the silicone hose (It's to short imo). On a corrugated roads it worked its way off and the v6 doesn't go to well with no boost!

Don't make the mistake I did and have the clamps on the edge of the silicone hose (It's to short imo). On a corrugated roads it worked its way off and the v6 doesn't go to well with no boost!

I brought another piece of hose from supercheap it looks to be the same sort of hose but longer $15, haven't fitted it yet, was going to cut it make it about 40-50mm longer.

Back