V9X intercooler to turbo pipe replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered and ultimately received the new pipe from Plazmaman (thanks for the link Busiboy)
Fitted it yesterday, no problems. Goes so much smoother with a noticable increase in power.
I bought the 550 for towing a 2.6 tonne caravan but I think I might go into ute racing now, this thing pulls better than a schoolboy.
Thanks to all on the forum for all the advice, tips and stories.
For anyone contemplating towing the larger vans with the 550 keep in mind that an upgrade to Old man Eme suspention, a 3" exhaust and a long range tank (plus the Plazmaman pipe) are all good value upgrades.

I brought another piece of hose from supercheap it looks to be the same sort of hose but longer $15, haven't fitted it yet, was going to cut it make it about 40-50mm longer.

I think I need to do this as well. Had the hose come off yesterday with about 1.8 tonne of boat on the back. Have to agree it doesn't go with no boost. Nice whistle from the turbo though!

I think I need to do this as well. Had the hose come off yesterday with about 1.8 tonne of boat on the back. Have to agree it doesn't go with no boost. Nice whistle from the turbo though!

Iam glad I fitted the longer hose before I went up to the Cape, the road was very corrugated,

$_12.jpg

Pipe Replacement...

Hi All,

Ordered last week and fitted today.. Easy job in the end.. Used a small screwdriver to open the metal clips and two caulking gun nozzles to keep the spring clip open.. Bit of silicon grease on the "O"rings and the pipe clicked home easy.. two things i noticed and will need to attend too.. 1. I did use silicon grease on the flex pipe ends as well, then realised it might cause it to slip off.. Might need to clean and replace it it does.. 2. Noticed the dreaded oil in the pipe, so will need to work on the "Catch Can" Mod..

**When i work out how to attach pics to a post I will***

Again the NavAsia is a wealth on knowledge.. Thanks everyone..

Inter cooler pipe

Thought I would share some info:
My 1st stx v6 Navara ( 2012 ) had a hard plastic pipe which was light bluewith lots of contours and bracing from intercooler up to engine.

My new one ( 2013 ) has what looks exactly like a radiator hose for the same job. WTF ?

Any ideas as I believe the hard plastic one was far better for throttle responce
( less expansion i reckon ) even though the bore was much more restrictive with the contours.....

I just installed this kit on mine, I had a split intercooler hose and had been driving around with it for 2 weeks or so till I found it yesterday . Kit arrived this morning which was amazing shipping time . I'm gonna say the opposite to everyone else here , it's made hardly any difference as far as turbo lag or performance go . Maybe a slight difference but hardly anything really .

I had my intercooler changed under warranty 2 weeks ago only did 44,000ks and it was stuffed .
Just goes to show how careless Nissan are when they work on your car , as I'm pretty sure that cooler hose was split when they did the cooler repair judging by the amount of oil everywhere under my bonnet.

The whole intercooler system on the v9x is rubbish . When someone a
Gets an aftermarket one made for this car please let me know as I won't be paying for another Nissan cooler

Installed plazmaman pipe on my 550 which has already had 3 inch exhaust fitted and stage 2 remap and can't notice any difference in power, response or turbo noise. My advice would b to fit one for the sake of getting rid of that standard pipe which everyone knows fails not to gain a substantial amount of power from the mod.

Latest posts

Back