VNOG Deddick Trail and Snowy River area

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the trip started out after myself, scotty, glen and kendal(scottybobcat), heath and the kids (heata), darren (ridgie), matty (docp1980) and casey (case84) meeting up and camping on friday alongside a nice flowing stream. we were lucky enough that case had come up earlier and collected firewood and even brought some from home to keep us warm for the night. as usual the drinks were flowing and so was the conversations late into the night.

morning time came around and the sun was out looking to be a great day to start off our weekend and once we were all packed up casey showed us to our first warm up hill climb but unfortunately had to turn around and head home due to work commitments. once we reached the top of the hill and our hearts had slowed back down to a normal level we continued on along some great trails with many river crossings for the day and one last great hill climb that had us all hoping we would make it without stopping then along to our chosen campsite for the night.

not too long after a little mishap occurred. whilst putting on our roast for dinner the camp oven decided to flare up and give darren a decent burn, with everyone throwing there opinions and first aid kits we had him bandaged up and stiring the others up in no time.

soon our last day had dawned against us it was time to take our final leg of the trip through some more great tracks, checking out a hut that wasnt looking as great as what it would some time ago but still amazing to see, one last hillclimb and we were done. a quick stop off to air up and down to the dargo hotel for our final stop for a feed before leaving for home, but unfortunatly we had missed the cut off for lunch time by about 15mins so we decided to venture off home and the memories will definatly be around for years to come. thanks again to everyone who came along and made this trip what it was and to matty for organising yet again another great time out camping and 4x4ing.

heres a few photos that i took ill upload some more soon when i get them off glenn.

ps. iv just gotten an email from glenn, hes currently in hospital with a suspected ruptured appendix so thoughts go out to him at this time.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

nah pulled it out just in case we needed it in one bog hole ended up being pretty easy and found that it didnt want to wind back in so ill be pulling it out this week

Great pics there. I never remember to take pics. Kyle you might know this, but I have read that Tigers are pretty much replacing control boxes at request because they had a faulty batch, that caused it not to wind out.

thanks for that heath but i havent heard that, any chance of a pm with a link to this. i was going to pull it out anyway and give it a good service and possibly upgrade the solenoids

Kendall and I got home just after midnight because the Nav died on the way home.
The transfer case switch shorted my dash out and the alternator stopped charging because of it and when the batteries went flat we were stuck so out came the tow truck for a free lift home.
Glenrang me just before and he is in hospital with a burst apendix and going into surgery shortly,lucky it didnt happen in the high country

Bloody hell mate - the beast can't win a trick for you. Hope it is sorted.

Crikey - I hope Glen is okay. Keep us in the loop mate and pass on my best wishes also.

thanks for that heath but i havent heard that, any chance of a pm with a link to this. i was going to pull it out anyway and give it a good service and possibly upgrade the solenoids

pm sent. Although as you say you can probably source and fit better quality solenoids yourself,

Scotty - you'll love this!

I posted on a hound hunter site that we saw some on the weekend and commented on how good it was that they came to tell us they were hunting in the area. One of the guys posted up that they saw some 4x4's and said this:

"The 4x4 crew drove past our camp later while we were packing up, one of them had the angriest sounding V8 in his truck that i had heard in the bush in a long time."

By the way the started the hounds in a gully above us and had a deer on the deck in 15 minutes. Appearently the deer often run through our campsite!
He suggested we stop next time for a chat and a beer.

WIPE THAT SILLY GRIN OFF YOUR FACE SCOTTY!

On another forum he posted that we can call it even - his dogs providing me with hound music that I loved and you providing the V8 note that thrilled him!

Hey lads - do these look like the blokes who came into camp on Sunday.

The second pic is of the sambar I think they took on Sunday in a gully not far from camp.

Nice looking hounds.

Attachments

• Peggsy338 deer1.jpg
    Peggsy338 deer1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 67
  • Peggsy338 deer2.jpg
    Peggsy338 deer2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back