VNOG high country snow trip - Queen's Birthday long weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think 7 is viable as a single group ... ????

After the last high country trip where we had 8 cars I'd still rather go as two groups. Conditions are likely to be slower going on this trip as well based on the long range snow forecast. Groups of 3-4 cars would be spot on.

I'd agree with that Matt. I also expect we might see a few groups about, being the last weekend for access. Trying to pull over or squeeze past was a nightmare last week. remember when I started to slide towards that Jeep and he put his hand out to stop me???

I'd agree with that Matt. I also expect we might see a few groups about, being the last weekend for access. Trying to pull over or squeeze past was a nightmare last week. remember when I started to slide towards that Jeep and he put his hand out to stop me???

Yeah spot on Heath, and I'm not sure if you realised, but I'm pretty sure that guy in the Jeep had a titanium reinforced hand, either that or he was a complete and utter dickhead!

Seven is still too large to travel in one group. Too slow and creates drama when we meet other travellers - as we saw last weekend.

The split by Matt should work well. The first group are those who like to plod along taking it slow and generally choosing the easy line.
The second group is those who like to travel faster and have more clearance (Casey and Scotty), then Kyle with a diff locker and Woody who we know like to take the hardest line!

If Kyle is having trouble with the diff locker he may wish to change groups.

Just my thoughts.

Locker seems to be fine, I put in an extra 2" lift on the front last night and the winch is out, im servicing that tonight and im waiting on delivery for my allbright solenoid to come so I can wire that up and have incab controls. So I should be ready to rock and roll

I am coming down.

Ill be in Scotts Nav.

Mmmmmmmm big horsepower.

Dave, u will soon learn why i stay close to Scotty when going off road ... he usually goes hell for leather into trouble knowing i'll be right behind him to get him out ...

if it gets too scary for ya ... there will be a spare seat in my roomy D40 (once you changed ya brown undies that is)

Dave, u will soon learn why i stay close to Scotty when going off road ... he usually goes hell for leather into trouble knowing i'll be right behind him to get him out ...

if it gets too scary for ya ... there will be a spare seat in my roomy D40 (once you changed ya brown undies that is)

Hmmmmm seen pics to the contrary Woody.
As for brown undies Dave.... you might be best walking ahead as the photographer for both vehicles. :sarcastic: Both of them are chaotic. The kids only ride along with them because the kiddie locks are in force and they are held down with 4 point harnesses in the booster seats!:rock:
Weekend to remember for sure.
I live behind the airport, 20 mins to the terminal so if you need pick up or drop off I can assist where possible. Accommodation available also. This trip or any other time.

I must be having a blonde moment , but where is a definate itinerary for the weekend,
as I may be able to pay you all a visit on one of the days/maybe overnight camp depending on where ya'all going.

:cheers!:

I must be having a blonde moment , but where is a definate itinerary for the weekend,
as I may be able to pay you all a visit on one of the days/maybe overnight camp depending on where ya'all going.

:cheers!:

Friday night at Carter's Road camping area, Saturday night at Lake Cobbler and Sunday night at Twelve Mile camping area near Bright.

we will be on ch17 and my number is 0419 380 649 if ya wanna call to find out an exact place at the time.

kyle

Watchdogg is back from America! lol haven't posted here for a while actually. But anyway here I am! this Wednesday I go to court to get my licence back, and I'll be driving my nav again! Oh with a new accessory! how exciting. interlock! lol. but yeah! I'll keep an eye on this thread as i am interested :)

Latest posts

Back