warn Hi Mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilmah

Reaction score
Well after months of searching I finally picked one up for $700 second hand yesterday. Plans are as follows:

Upgraded brake shaft
Full service kit inc all bushes and seals
Albright solenoid
Replace circlip with end cap and bearing
Bow 2 motor

This should get me a pretty competetative winch however to take it to the next level I will be doing the following mods later down the track:

Twin motor upgrade
40%+ hellfire gearbox
Air freespool

Plan is to run 2 x 240A/H batteries to provide the juice for winching.

Will most likely custom make the bullbar around the winch or remove the front grill

I don't think a custom winch mount will be your biggest issue to overcome. Loving your work here mate. Get all the gear you want now. I find you only regret the gear you don't get

Going to pull it apart this week and get the housing sand blasted. Its covered in about 15 years worth of oil, dirt and shit!

I use to have one on the front of my old Landcruiser. great and supper fast in standard form but yes it was big... id have another one any day. Wish I took it of before selling the car...
Take some photos of the rebuild if you can.

Yeah im hoping this thread will turn into a decent build thread. I dont think there are any blokes on here running hi mounts, well none that I can find. I wont be putting much effort into the build for a while, gotta finish the SAS first.

Great stuff Dilmah. Good info to have. Can we get some photos of it. I actually had to look up what they were and why you would use one.

Genuine motors and some parts aren't cheap. I bought my xp 9000 on ebay for a cheap price as the motor was stuffed. And there was no wiring or solonoids. ARB ordered in the wrong part twice from the USA for the motor. Arb wanted about 500 for a motor. Luck on the day I got one for $270.so a new motor and dyneema and a tigerz control box. Total about $600 including the winch and a tube of grease and a couple of hours labour.

Some of the upgrades arnt cheap, your looking at $500 - $700 for a motor, $1500 for an air freespool and $1400 for a twin motor gearbox. The plan is to get it working and reliable then if I decide to compete in winch challenges to spend the $$$$ and get it faster with the air freespool and twin motor upgrades

So Ive lost the urge to finish the SAS conversion so I thought Id have a play with the hi mount today. Satrted stripping it down and cleaning it up, the poor winch hasn't had any love in a long time. Full of spiders, cobwebs, grease, oil and corrosion....

Pulled the end cap off and took the old wire off the drum, that went straight in the bin. Cleaned the drum and end cap with brake cleaner. The control box I'm told is stuffed so that went into the parts shed to be looked at another day

Well now that Ive pretty much finished the SAS conversion I can put a bit more time into getting this winch running. Pulled the brake apart yesterday, the pads were pretty worn so they went in the bin

Need to start buying parts before it all goes back together

Latest posts

Back