Warning for NSW smokers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbruce

Reaction score
Attention all smokers!
Not only are most of our National Parks already locked off, so we can't drive in them.
Smoking will be banned in all parks by the end of 2015.
This includes having a durrie with your beer by your campfire.

They say it is because cigarette butts light bushfires. But most bushfires in national parks are lit by dickheads with cigarette lighters.

Attention all smokers!
Not only are most of our National Parks already locked off, so we can't drive in them.
Smoking will be banned in all parks by the end of 2015.
This includes having a durrie with your beer by your campfire.

They say it is because cigarette butts light bushfires. But most bushfires in national parks are lit by dickheads with cigarette lighters.

Whilst I hate seeing morons drop butts out windows, especially in summer. I seriously doubt that people camping out in the bush have started many or any fires with a smoke butt

And matchbooks. They are apparently great firestarters.

Cops caught one little c*nt ... wait, that's too nice a word for him but let's continue - on his unregistered trail bike and his pockets stuffed full of the bloody things. He'd lit half a dozen fires already, State Forests were monitoring and saw the start, the cops hit the road and nailed him.

I have walked through too many parks and trails and seen too many discarded cigarette butts to have a lot of sympathy for smokers. I know it only takes a few bad eggs, but that's also why our 4WDing is being restricted more and more.

How do you get rid of the bad eggs?

Cops caught one little c*nt ... wait, that's too nice a word for him but let's continue - on his unregistered trail bike and his pockets stuffed full of the bloody things. He'd lit half a dozen fires already, State Forests were monitoring and saw the start, the cops hit the road and nailed him.

I have walked through too many parks and trails and seen too many discarded cigarette butts to have a lot of sympathy for smokers. I know it only takes a few bad eggs, but that's also why our 4WDing is being restricted more and more.

Scramble them. .....

I no longer smoke. However you wonder where it's all going to end. What next, alcohol? Because a few dicks leave some tinnies behind. We are becoming a nanny nation. This country is turning into a bunch of goody goody, narcs.

You are correct about smoke butts Tony, they are everywhere, next time you are walking anywhere just glance down, you will notice smoke butts everywhere

I no longer smoke. However you wonder where it's all going to end. What next, alcohol? Because a few dicks leave some tinnies behind. We are becoming a nanny nation. This country is turning into a bunch of goody goody, narcs.

This is something we're all hearing a lot lately.

Thing is, it's a sword. And it has another edge ... if the laws AREN'T in place, the idiots think it's okay to hang out the window on the freeway and take a piss as they pass a farm, not realising it's an electric fence ... kaBOOM and Lorena Bobbit had NOTHING on what happened to this guy, talk about getting blown ... just think how the poor nurse feels as she's wiping his left nut off his ankle.

Fine it's an exaggeration but the point is still valid. Without laws, people will think it's okay to do stupid stuff.

Of course that raises the dilemma that many people actually believe that "rules were made to be broken" which only makes them doubly stupid.

On a more serious note, I do think many of those laws aren't just put in place to actually stop the person from doing the wrong/stupid thing. They're there so that if they are broken, and something happens, the "victim" can't sue the farmer for damages (could be anyone else - the bus driver who collected and broke the idiot's arm hanging out the window, or the moron who hit a pole because they were busy texting someone).

The laws DO make us look like a nanny state, but they're there for protection. Financial protection more than anything else, I believe!

Well I haven't read all the replies here and I hope you don't mind me getting on my soapbox about smokers.
I am a smoker. It's my choice and I pay for it both in tax and YES in my health.
but what pisses me off is, smokers get blamed for everything.
We get all the bullshit with the televised quitting programs on the TV but what Non Smokers don't realize is, if all smokers gave up smoking tomorrow, the federal government would lose billions of dollars in tax revenue. Where do they think that lost tax is going to come from.
No prize for guessing, it would come out of every ones pockets in increased charges and income taxes.
So no government in Australia is committed to stamping out smoking. If they were, they would make it law to ban tobacco products in Australia but it will never happen.
Just my rant, now I need a cig.

Scramble them. .....
Typical Bods comment hahaha
Well I haven't read all the replies here and I hope you don't mind me getting on my soapbox about smokers.
I am a smoker. It's my choice and I pay for it both in tax and YES in my health.
We get all the bullshit with the televised quitting programs on the TV but what Non Smokers don't realize is, if all smokers gave up smoking tomorrow, the federal government would lose billions of dollars in tax revenue. Where do they think that lost tax is going to come from.
No prize for guessing, it would come out of every ones pockets in increased charges and income taxes.
So no government in Australia is committed to stamping out smoking. If they were, they would make it law to ban tobacco products in Australia but it will never happen.
Couldn't of said it better myself!!
I'm a smoker too, I never flick my butts out in a National park or leave any rubbish. It's a shame others have to ruin it for everyone else.

Enjoy that smoke, i know I used too. Must admit I enjoy the smell of it when someone lights up near me

The problem is the wankers that flick their butt's out the windows. I'm in the RFS and we get plenty of fires each year, started from that exact thing, and it shits me off big time!

The problem is the wankers that flick their butt's out the windows. I'm in the RFS and we get plenty of fires each year, started from that exact thing, and it shits me off big time!

BINGO

IMO, Smokers have the right to kill themselves with ciggies if they want, I don't even mind the healthcare costs that much cos they pay for it in the years of overtaxed ciggie sales leading up to the cancer.

It's when the habit has the potential to hurt others that I have a beef with it. heaps of roadside fires are started by numbnuts flicking them out the windows every year. I spent 20hrs putting one out the week before black Saturday, all because some clown couldn't be stuffed opening an ashtray!

Any laws that get closer to stopping this is all good by me, sorry if you do the right thing, take out your frustration on the wankers that pushed the powers that be to make these laws...

as an ex smoker. And a CFA member for 20 plus years. I agree morons shouldnt flick smoke buts out of windows. But if you think putting a law in place will achieve anything I believe your delusional. Just like tighter firearms laws work. Thats why sydney has all those drive by shootings. Cause criminals have no regard for the law.

People who drive around gates on closed tracks have no regard for there actions. And will still smoke. It will be amusing to see firetrucks leaving the fireground so blokes can have a smoke

I smoke and I have a bottle in the door drink holder with water in it and I throw the butts in there.I dont smoke with others in the car and dont leave a mess anywhere.
Bann what you like but I will still smoke within the confines of my own car

If all the law achieves is making people a bit smarter about disposal then I call it job done. It's not going to stop.smoking, banning tobacco altogether won't do that. But if it stops a couple of fires a year then again I say job done...

I totally agree with the comments about idiots throwing their butts out the window.
vehicles have ash trays so use them. I do believe there are serious penalties enforced if they find the person who started a fire.
My main gripe is just with smokers being demonized when all we are doing is using a legal product.
It is just common sense to use the ash tray or just don't smoke while driving.

I totally agree with the comments about idiots throwing their butts out the window.
vehicles have ash trays so use them. I do believe there are serious penalties enforced if they find the person who started a fire.
My main gripe is just with smokers being demonized when all we are doing is using a legal product.
It is just common sense to use the ash tray or just don't smoke while driving.

I have to agree that mooning isn't a good look either.:reddy:

Latest posts

Back