warranty issue (no not mine)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't find my farmtruck d22 a slug at all i spent just short of 3k on the correct mods it pulls 800kg of trailer daily and 1.5 tonne of van every few weeks with 2 bikes in the back and 240lts of water i have no high egt's and my fuel around town with the trailer is about 8.9 per hundred around town no hwy still got another year of wty i don't care about nissan wty it is piss poor if anything sh*ts itself i will fix it myself or pay someone to do it why pay up to 60k for the same issues?,sounds like 180,s rig is a great example and well looked after should serve him well even if it'slow.

Don't get me wrong mate I'm in the exact same situation as you. I tow around my work trailer 6 days a week loaded up weighing about the 700kg-800kg. Some weeks clocking up 1000k's. the d22 is waaaay quicker than my old non turbo gu ute that thing was painfully slow haha. I was likening it more to say an ss. The d22's got more then enough power to do what it does, it's just not going to break any records doing it.

For now though I just don't see the need for me to go throwing a couple of grand worth of chip for not alot of a lot of gain with a certain amount of risk associated.

-Tyler

Well thats a sad story those guy's tried to take me down and started harrasing me to sign up when i found out they were a reseller of tunit and resell exhausts not made by them i told them to shove i went with a beaudesert exhaust and chipit module done 6000kms now not a problem this was a reply to the huge roo system reply not tyler

Last edited:
Food for thought.

How much money is spent on developing these chips you reckon. SFA really

How much do you reckon manufactures spend on developing a engine, testing to the extreme etc. My guess, a shit load more then the chip manufacturer.

When the comodore vn which was a buick buillt block was produced it was run on a test bench with a load at 5200rpm for 10.000hrs then pulled down for inspection before being released

happy john when I say my D22 is slow, what I mean is its not 2.8 hilux slow but I'd like a bit more torque below 2200rpm which is when my turbo seems to be spooled, ie: at 80km/h in 5th it takes about 8 seconds to get to 100km/h which is pretty slow for a TD, I just want faster in gear acceleration with a better spread of torque maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a v8.

Know what you mean it can be frustrating i go back to the td27 days it was a worry overtaking ect mind you i did 700kms on fraser in very very soft sand the v6 pathfinder and range rover refuelled every 2nd day i still miss that d21 how i did 500k with 58kw 177nm without a drama we used to call it the turtle

yea I used to own an R50 pathy so know what you mean, our family owned an old datsun 720 with SD25 diesel, think they had less power then a TD27 but that thing just went everywhere.

Back