warranty issue (no not mine)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180degrees

Reaction score
So being a member of several car forums, I read alot of threads, this particular thread on newhilux caught my eye and I figured would be good for a discussion just not on newhilux since they might not appreciate my thoughts on the matter.

Anyway there is a thread that was posted there about a year ago, on one guys dilema about bad fuel and how toyota wouldn't cover it (fair enough IMO), so this new member posts at the end of it the other day this long winded post how he has had a gutfull of toyota not warranting his dead motor in a 2011 SR5 with 3.0l diesel.

So when you get to the hard facts he has actually fitted a chip it chip with petrol injection, of course toyota has now blamed the chip but apparently chip it won't cover it cause they also said it wasn't the chip that caused it... so he claims he has a crack in #3 piston and looks to have some pretty big legal battles possibly coming up.

What are your thoughts? part of the reason I am reluctant to fit a chip is cause its so easy for the manufacturer to get out of warranty claims of which nissan seem to be pretty good of late. I was pretty much set on buying a lux but all bad stuff lately with them has put me right off and I am glad I have just an old D22, slow as it is at least it doesn't have many issues.

Well it's obvious that it's all bullshit because Toyota's don't break only Nissan's do.

I think along the same lines as you. I'm pretty reluctant to do any mods on mine until at least the warranty is up. I don't want to give nissan anything to be able to reject a claim on any mechanical issues if they were to arise. If they did I'm sure they will Wiesel there way out or at least try.

The only engine mod I plan on doing is an exhaust. I'm happy for it to be a slug. Lets face it with an exhaust and chip it's just a bit quicker of a slug really. Still not quick

And old mate with his hilux is kidding himself haha.

-Tyler

To me it's just further proof that it makes no difference when you buy anything, someone is always ready to screw someone else over to save themselves a buck.

The manufacturer says they aren't at fault, the chip manufacturer says they are not at fault, the driver obviously is never at fault in any case and the only thing waiting for warranty to expire would do is take out one party, there will still be two party's who claim they aren't at fault.

I don't know the specific case above but if the chip manufacturer are blaming the car manufacturer it's very unlikely they would do things differently whether the car was under warranty or not after all it makes no difference to them as long as they don't have to pay out.

To me the risk of installing mods under warranty is no greater than out of warranty, you're still dealing with the same scumbag arseholes who are only happy when they are taking your money they don't want to give it back.

I'm happy for it to be a slug. Lets face it with an exhaust and chip it's just a bit quicker of a slug really. Still not quick

-Tyler

That's exactly right. I used to own a pretty solidly modified LS1, then i got the Nav. The Nav will NEVER be as fast as the VY SS ute was, so im not going to bother with performance gear for it :D That's my logic towards it.

you D40 drivers own rocket ships compared to the D22 though lol especially the ones with the V6 petrol and diesel.

Having a bit of a similar fight with roo systems and nissan as we speak should have just left the whole thing stock the money would have been been better in my pockets ;)
good luck with that, let us know how it goes, im surprised more people don't have roo systems chips considering the amount of spam they put up on yotamonthly.

Still gutless as fark compared to a V8 for me though, so still a slug.

But so much nicer to drive than a Commodore in my opinion. Less problems too. I've owned a 96 HSV Senator as well as the VY and a few other cars, and i still reckon the Nav is the most satisfying overall car to drive.

This is the other thing about internet forums. You only know as much as the poster is willing to type out. It could well be that he's only driven his car on rainy Sundays from his driveway across the road to the church yard with his 185-year-old great-great-great-great grandmother in the passenger seat. Yes, that's going to crack a piston!

What the poster probably didn't say (admit, confess to, however you want to word it) is that with the chip fitted, he was probably out flogging the guts out of the thing to see if he could outrun his great-great-great-great-grandmother in the driveway. That'll be the moment when it went "BANG".

Hilux mobility scooters should NOT be messed with.

It is possible that the guy was driving it normal and it broke - but Toyota and ChipIt are going to look at the car and think he's bolting on performance to use it, so that's what's happened and both of them will back away from the issue (regardless of what actually happened).

Black box recorder please. THEN we'll know what happened. And we can laugh as the mobility scooter passes it.

pretty much, he said something about having a steel tray but thats only like 100kg more then the tub.

probably no EGT gauge, maxed the chip out and was flogging it then bang.

I don't find my farmtruck d22 a slug at all i spent just short of 3k on the correct mods it pulls 800kg of trailer daily and 1.5 tonne of van every few weeks with 2 bikes in the back and 240lts of water i have no high egt's and my fuel around town with the trailer is about 8.9 per hundred around town no hwy still got another year of wty i don't care about nissan wty it is piss poor if anything sh*ts itself i will fix it myself or pay someone to do it why pay up to 60k for the same issues?,sounds like 180,s rig is a great example and well looked after should serve him well even if it'slow.

:deadhorse2::Sorry to here of your problems with roo systems but they are very bad news i don't think they will be around much longer the goose that owns that buisness is full of it.

Hmmm i was going to mention his name (owner of Roo Systems) but i think i'll withhold on that one lol. I haven't heard one good thing about Roosystems. Any Nav or Hilux owner i know of that have bought their exhausts, have sent them back due to them not fitting right and needing to much modification to worry about stuffing around with them.

I certainly will not be buying anything off them nor recommending them to anyone.

Sounds like you enjoy it and probably go to some loverly places like you say who need anything faster you still get there 2 or 3 grand can be much better spent elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back