Warranty issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geardy

Reaction score
G'day guys.
Once again I am in disagreement with my local Nissan dealer. They claim that because i didn't buy my D40 from there showroom, i actually bought it inter- state, then any warranty claims i have need to be done through the mainland dealership. I told them, the as fare As I am concerned they are Nissan I own a Nissan therefore any warranty claims they need to rectify?
Just wondering who right here?
thanks

I'd ring Nissan direct and let them know the crap they are trying to pull on you. a Nissan dealer in brissy got the ass from Nissan for piss poor service and in sure Nissan would like to know about this kind of bs...
you can get warranty work done at any Nissan dealer as long as its the factory warranty or factory extended warranty we are talking about.
second hand car stat warranty is different....

Absolute nonsense and bullcrap any dealer is obliged to honor any wty.

Don't take no as a answer by law they have to help you regardless of the place you purchased from the main issue is the service managers are pigs and unless you speak out LOUD they will walk all over you.
John

I bought mine from Brighton nissan and Waverley have done all the work on it since i got it including warranty stuff

i'm from Hobart and I bought mine at burnie Nissan (motors) to save 7 grand and dj's in hobart has allready done warrenty work on mine, I know that's not interstate but it's pretty much the same thing.

They are full of it.
However, if a dealer didn't want me to get work done with them I would go elsewhere. Have done exactly that.
Doesn't matter what Nissan make them do, they'll just carelessly mark it or something to piss you off more.
Principal shmincipal, go where they'll look after you.
Report them? I dunno, they'll get what they deserve. Nothing!!!

Its refreshing to go where they care.
I didn't even mention my dissatisfaction with the last one with the new one.
Move on whistling as you go I say.

Last edited:
I brought mine from dj motors down hobart way and have had warranty work done by motors burnie, get it serviced by them too

What beats the shit out of me is that a warranty issue is paid for by Nissan - the dealer looks at the problem, puts in the report to Nissan, Nissan approves the work and pays the bill. The dealer isn't out of pocket for the work.

What the hell is their problem? I'd be on the blower to Nissan too.

What beats the shit out of me is that a warranty issue is paid for by Nissan - the dealer looks at the problem, puts in the report to Nissan, Nissan approves the work and pays the bill. The dealer isn't out of pocket for the work.

I'm not sure if things are different in Aus or different for Nissan, but I had this discussion with a VW factory mechanic friend of mine and he said that the manufacturer only pays a part of warranty work, some of the cost is carried by the dealer.

Nissan would supply the parts and cover the labour, but if the hours spent fixing the problem took too long maybe the dealer has to pay part of it?

Makes sense & give you confidence in Nissan's product.Too simple!!

Over the years I have worked in Holden,Ford,Mitsubishi,Volkswagen and a couple of other minor brand Dealerships and although there Warranty procedures are not the same they are similar, the manufacturer pays a set time and rate for each repair that is usually substantially lower than retail, if it is say an electrical fault that is hard to diagnose and it takes longer than the warranty schedule allows they will not be reimbursed for the time taken only the time allotted, so therefor the service department (which is usually under a lot of pressure to meet targets) prefers to fill its workshop with retail not warranty work, (1st year apprentice at $120.00 an hour to service our trucks = profit) the majority of warranty repair claims I have been involved with have been at a loss to the department so they tend to get shitty losing money on another dealers sale, having said that they can not decline warranty work for the simple fact it was bought else ware, don't get me wrong I'm not trying to justify there actions just a small insight into the workings of a stealership.

(Actually Mitsubishi had what they termed a Transient warranty claim, they would pay the dealer a premium above the going rate to repair vehicles sold by other dealers)

Kev

Last edited:
Nice of you to share that insight Kev.

That makes sense, so the bigger dealerships can absorb it easier.

Latest posts

Back