water meth injection vs chip vs diesel gas; d22 3L di, thoughts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motojunkie86

Reaction score
ok fellas,

been doing my research and from what i can see and have read a water meth system for my 04 nav is far superior to an aftermarket chip or diesel gas system (cost of a gas system is a big factor for myself) , with the new water meth systems with multiple nozzles that are controlled independent of each other you can control the flow through out the entire boost range a lot better. huge hp gains and lower egts, much much lower temps in fact. interesting. anyone have a water meth system on there nav that they would like to share any info on?

the chip may not be the only thing that gives extra power nowadays. Yes water meth is nothing new, however i havent seen or heard of anyone running it on there zd30 (nav)... have i been living under a rock?
i know diesel gas systems have been around quite a while now but they are expensive compared to a chip / water meth system. :rambo:

I've had a devils own system for about 2 years now. There is a power increase but i think it's biggest advantage is it keeps the internals clean, which can only be good for engine life. The fancy controllers are designed for drag cars and unnecessary on something like our cars in my opinion, just get a simple boost activated switch. Plenty of write ups on the patrol forum too. http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/zd30...n-zd30-what-results-have-you-achieved-102200/

running devils own twin nozzle approx 6gph (250psi) 40/60 mix water meth.
basically adds the same power of a chip. (running chip express chip- similar to dp, t unit ect)
run a chip and a similar setup and you should hit 40% more power.
also since by passing crankcase re breather, the intake/inter-cooler are spotless.
best bang for your buck mod.
currently running 21 psi-zd30

Last edited:
running devils own twin nozzle approx 6gph (250psi) 40/60 mix water meth.
basically adds the same power of a chip. (running chip express chip- similar to dp, t unit ect)
run a chip and a similar setup and you should hit 40% more power.
also since by passing crankcase re breather, the intake/inter-cooler are spotless.
best bang for your buck mod.
currently running 21 psi-zd30

Where are you guys getting your methanol?

In Darwin, Australian Fuel Distributers depot (Owned by B.P ) About $50 for a 20ltr drum.

I just use high quality methylated spirits.
around 110 octane 95 or so percent alcohol.

otherwise there is a place in sydney called "whiteys workshop".... i think??

he supply's methanol for comp cars from memory.

around $1.50 a litre last time i checked, price supposedly fluctuates.

highly pure methanol should be around 115 octane.

i have a 20L jerry setup in the tray.
ive traveled from wollongong to Fraser island (10 days on Fraser) and the system was switched on at all major hills/obstacles in between and i didnt have to refill till i was back into the NSW boarder. so around..........2200-2500km.

keep in mind i have set mine up with a master switch, its off 90% of the time, when i need it i just flick the switch and instant power.

8-10 litres cost you just over 25bucks, so just over 1$ per 100km

So that s pre mixed at the ratio that you want? If you were to leave it on the whole time would 20lt be enough for a tank? Does it cut out when your out or does it run the pump dry?

no 95% alcohol is then diluted with "x" amount of water to give you what ever mix you like- all depends on volume. (50/50 is the MAX ratio).

the heavier the ratio the the more power but hotter EGT temp and vice versa.

if you left it on an drove around town then 20litres would last a few tanks.

but if your nav was your daily driver to work on say a decent stretch of freeway that involved hills then you would use a fair bit more.

BUT why would you set up a system which you have no control over, other than the amount of throttle you apply (its boost operated-solenoid).
install the master switch and its a very cheap and highly beneficial system

no 95% alcohol is then diluted with "x" amount of water to give you what ever mix you like- all depends on volume. (50/50 is the MAX ratio).

the heavier the ratio the the more power but hotter EGT temp and vice versa.

if you left it on an drove around town then 20litres would last a few tanks.

but if your nav was your daily driver to work on say a decent stretch of freeway that involved hills then you would use a fair bit more.

BUT why would you set up a system which you have no control over, other than the amount of throttle you apply (its boost operated-solenoid).
install the master switch and its a very cheap and highly beneficial system

Sounds like a nos set up. Push the red button. LOL

Thanks lawry. So your running two tanks one water and one metho? Did you buy a kit or build one yourself?

No just one tank which i mix myself. 20L mix.
just make it the ratio you want.

haha funnily enough my switch actually has a red light on it! very nos like :D

legalities.. well its a performance mod, never been pulled up on it...

then again 99% of the people i talk to about water meth have no idea what it looks like so i guess i'll take my chances if in fact it is illegal.

i have plenty of other mods like excess lift, body lift bigger tyres rah rah rah heaps of engine mods ect that they could pin me for anyway :/

95% of GQs with turbos aren't engineered so you think you would be able to get away with a few more pipes on a 2.5 t Ute that is by no means a race car.

95% of GQs with turbos aren't engineered so you think you would be able to get away with a few more pipes on a 2.5 t Ute that is by no means a race car.

Very true.......................................................

Might have to look around for a kit

Latest posts

Back