What broke on your Cape Trip?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always keep a couple of these in your glovebox..... they've got a good rep of fixing radiator leaks....

$%28KGrHqZHJE0E92JbcHEvBPhDC+QCY!~~60_35.JPG

silver-seal-radiator-stop-leak-since-1928-free-shipping

Best $4.00 you'll spend, especially when u have a radiator leak

Well took a water crossing bit to quickly and over took the bow wave. This then sucked the fan into the back of the radiator. Job done. Caught the gauge climbing so I stopped and it was obvious. I had done the crossing 2 times already and was heading back to camp from fruit bat falls to Elliot falls campsite.

was it the no name crossing, water quite dirty with a chicken track off to the side ?

yeah i just got back 3 weeks ago...... great trip would do it again in a heart beat. got a funny photo of that crossing..... we were heading north and guy on a bike went the chicken track and didnt quite make it up the hill lol

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 132
  • bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 131
im doing the cape trip next year... looking forward to it! whats sort of tips do you guys wanna give out? like what things to take? and can you take a pooch on the old telegraph track?

Yeh mate that's the one. All the number plates on the tree. I took the chicken track on the way out last time. Very dirty water and gets worse after each car

G, day Rusty,

Are you referring to the Cockhead tree at Bramwell Junction roadhouse?

Regards

RLI
:sniper:

im doing the cape trip next year... looking forward to it! whats sort of tips do you guys wanna give out? like what things to take? and can you take a pooch on the old telegraph track?

make sure everything on the car is upto standard..... if you think something isnt quite right REPLACE IT!!!!!!!!. if you do that you should be sweet. the only reason something should break will come down to the nut behind the wheel so just take your time its not a race! and have a great trip. its a long way home with a broken truck!!

All four shocks shat themselves in the troll when I went up, not that they were looking too good to start with.
If it looks dodgy before you go, then fix it now!

i just got back from a 3 week trip yesterday. I was in a mates ford ranger and had no dramas at all there were 5 other trucks with us 2 patrols 2 hilux's and one other ranger and no one had a problem......... take lots of money for fuel. we were getting about 400kms a tank once we hit the dirt and about 550 on the way up and back so pack light. price of fuel up there is quite expensive as you would probably know....... 170 at musgrave 199 at archer river 210 at the jardine and 215 in bamarga. the cheapest place saw diesel was in gympie 136.....

just curious, how much in fuel did u use? or any body who has done the cape from brisbane and back?

Back