what bullbar to get for me d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
hey, just wondering whats the go with bullbars what type to get alloy or steel good brands arb etc thx :)

Construction depends what you want to do with it, alloy's not as easy to mount a winch to but is lighter. Both will bend when you hit things and steel will often cause more damage to panels or what you hit. Brands depend on which ones you like the look of. There is already heaps of info on bullbars here which you could find with some searching I'm sure.

i'll sell you my alloy bar so i can buy a steel one im looking at.

can you get alloy winch bars or not.? also does a steel bullbar weigh the car down to much and notice a lack of power.?

josh. what steel one are you looking at price on your alloy?

You can put a winch on an alloy bar but it needs to be held in by something other than the bar itself. As for weight, any bar made for your vehicle wont make the nose drop and drag along the ground making you drive everywhere in 2nd gear no matter what it's made from unless ARB start making concrete bars.

haha yeah i understand, thanks for letting me know about the alloy side of bars, im heading towards steel thou just not sure what would look better on a white d22.. alloy or steel, im defiently going with arb,

I went nissan steel winch bar purely on price,Got mine for $913 trade the salesman just gave a trade price so i bought it. Arb wanted $1350 and tjm were $1500, My alloy bar is on the shed floor waiting to go on ebay, I changed to steel because a winch is next on the list,

i see, i wont go near tjm bullbar seen a few weld jobs on them they looked horrible, priced arb up for $1350 also, i worked at arb for a while... the products they make are amazing so well made :)

I'm with Krafty, stay away from the concrete ones, they tend to crack. I would think if you don't need steel then don't get it coz it will weigh more. I've heard if you get a steel bar you're alright but once you get a winch and 2nd battery you're looking at suspension upgrade.
You gotta work out the reasons you need the bar and base it on practicality, then looks in this case I reckon.

The Nissan steel ones go alright.

I have hit kangaroo's and its been good.

Last hit though twisted it. But any bar will bend if you hit it right.

can you get alloy winch bars or not.? also does a steel bullbar weigh the car down to much and notice a lack of power.?

josh. what steel one are you looking at price on your alloy?

i was just looking at an ironman winch bar, would not know how much the alloy goes for. How's 1 million sound?

Latest posts

Back