What canopy to buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info guys. Interesting to see what mine will be like when the bars are taken off when I finally get the car that is.

If you dont mind me asking DaveO how much did you pay for your canopy? I reckon ARB charge more over here. Also what rack have you got?

Marshall,

The canopy was around $2550 fitted at ARB Kilsyth (Melbourne). Smooth finish with the gas strut side lift windows (an absolute must and a real bonus IMHO - no climbing through the back to get at things at the front!!) and front sliding window. PS - FYI - I have found by opening the front sliding window about 50mm, this keeps probably 90% of the dust on dirt roads from entering through the gaps in the tailgate.

The racks are also ARB with the internal load bearing bars bolting onto the top of the tub. The actual bars on the roof are Rhino Racks (heavy duty) All up cost of that was around the $650 mark. It all adds up doesn't it !! I was not keen on putting racks on the roof of the cab so I went with this option - works well for me.

Cheers,

Dave

Cheers Dave. They are more expensive in the west I was quoted $2590 for the grain finished canopy with one sliding and one lift up side windows. And as i'm using this car for work I need a tradesman rack and was quoted $1200 for that. These prices were only over the phone so I reckon when I go in there I could do a bit of bargaining

Marshall,

I should clarify my roof racks set up. I was also quoted about $1200 for the full ladder style ARB roof rack that hangs over the cab about 450mm. Very nice setup , but it was too too pricey for me. I have just got the Rhino bars and at the moment I use a roof basket with pole carriers on the sides. I am in the process of shortening and adapting an old Tradesman brand ladder rack to fit the bars.

With the front sliding window, I find that when moving, very little if any water gets in. Generally if it starts to rain heavily I will close it anyway to (1) make sure no water gets in, especially when stopped and (2) there is no more dust to worry about anyway.

Dave

The ARB ones are made out of 1 piece of Fibreglass so it does not leak!!! and much stronger!!

I do agree that the ARB canopies are stronger. Last week i was checking out prices in Perth on a colour coded grained finish . Nissan quoted $4495.00 fitted, Flexiglass $2150 + $176 window +$550 roof rack = $2876 fitted, ARB $2369.75 fitted.

trafalgar top

matches the nav very well.. even has the roof groove thingos like the cars roof. roof rails are rated to 100kgs, single lock and handle and top mounted hinges. sorry pics are just phone shots. will take other pics later on. http://www.trafalgartop.com/ though its down atm because of bandwidth problems. check out the pics there later when its up again.

Last edited:
Back