What colour to buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MYD40STX

Reaction score
Hey guys i need some help choosing a colour!! silver or slate grey? Im looking at a stx king cab!

Welcome to the forum!

I really think it's a personal thing. What colour appeals to you the most? Silver is a cooler colour (meaning the car will heat up less quickly than a darker colour, it'll still reach the same temperature inside). In terms of visibility, silver won't stand out as well in early morning/late afternoon, during rain and fog.

Yer I agree that black looks good but I am using the car for work.
Well I have been in and out of several nissan patrols and now i need a car for work..Im now leaning towards a silver which is easier to keep clean!

thanks everyone for your help..

I had a Slate Grey King cab, now have a Black dual cab, get any colour except black, they look good for half an hour after you've washed them, then go down hill rapidly.
My Slate grey King Cab looked awesome (in my opinion), check it out in my garage, i'd go the slate grey, although it does have a greenish tinge.

Contemplating the same question. Has to be a light colour up here. Love the look of silver but white is certainly the most pratical and low maintance.

You'd be considered an outsider owning a D40 (or a Nissan for that matter) in Cairns wouldn't you Tappet? I originally come from Mossman and my memories of the far north are of many many Yotas and just a handful of other marques.

Once apon a time ago up here if it wasn't a Tojo there was somthing wrong with you. Although Toyotas are still well represented, not so much now days with quite a mix of 4 WD's.
I did consider the Highlux and taken one for a spin there good but the price is just to much and rear access in there extra cab is nowhere near as good as the Navara.

Looks clean, doesn't mean it is.

That powdercoated bullbar is so much easier to keep clean.

I bet it's easier to clean than the truck I took over back in 02 with an ali bar that was painted with spray cans. The speckled look was a really unique feature!

WHITE, whito, allwhite.....
Solid colour, easier to repair, clean, hide touch-ups n scratches , n doesn't seem to suffer paint degradation so quickly as metalics.
Oh I love white, lol.

Latest posts

Back