What colour to paint my Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 ST-R

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm still in between jobs at the moment as have plenty of time on my hands. I've just finished preparing my boat to paint it, which got me thinking again that I should paint my Nav, just so it's custom and a one of a kind.

As you might see in my avatar pic, it's currently black with silver flares and bottom 1/4. I will leave the black as it is, but touch up the stone chips on the bonnet and the billion tree scratches down the sides.

I want to change the silver colour, including the flares. I will eventually be doing the rear 1/4 chop and making a rear bar and then fitting a black winch bar to replace the bent up factory alloy one.

Sooo, what colour do you think would look good? Do not say pink! Pretend this is your Nav. Haha.

Just go all black i rekon, like mannicks truck. Or black and red, or maybe black and green.

I thought about all black, but like you pointed out, other people already have all black with the newer STRs.

I like the idea of red. I saw a Volvo the other day, it was done in a super dark glossy purple that nearly looked black. That got me thinking about that colour.

My advice is go a lighter colour of some sort. It's practical. Darker colours show the dirt 5 minutes after washing the car and if u off road a bit scratches show up like a neon sign post at night (may be a problem for me only I always find that one stray tree branch has left it's signature all the way along the side of my car!!!)

White.

Doesn't show up imperfections so much.
Easy to touch up.
Cooler in summer.
Don't have to wash it as often.
Better resale value.

Downside
It we be a big job going from black
Harder to make it shine like a colour, but it's a 4WD anyway.

Black on yellow would be nice. Like the camaro on transformers, Bumblebee. But would yellow on black look as good?

It would look Awesome!!

I'm trying to imagine it that colour. Like a canary yellow? That colour is pretty common, so it will be easier to get my hands on it and be a little cheaper.

I might have to do up a sketch or print out a pic and colour it in so I can really see how it will look.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the yellow? Or green? Or any other colours?

Have a look at Fords Tangerine scream. He he.
Its on the new Focus ST

Get rid of the silver from the panels and continue the black as that's what you're keeping for the rest of it but the flares in a gun metal, still contrasted but not as obvious as the silver flares. When I was searching for a Navara I came across one that was black with silver flares (no silver on the panels) and I loved it, nearly bought it until I came across the one I have, anyhow I thought then it would look good like that and planned to do it later if I bought it (the black one).

Hmm, black goes with a lot of colours, provided you get the right shade of them.

Personally, I'd consider lime green. Just to stir the boss) but I do like it.
Black and yellow is okay if you like it.
Black and bright, lightish blue can be nice. (I'm stealth converting the all white to white and blue).
Black and orange/tannish, but not stuff with red(violent) or purple(nobby pretentious).

Lol, if it was me, it would be "what have I got in the garage that needs using up", but make sure it is the right sort of paint. We painted the old roof van with what turned out to be paving paint(wtf, dimples?). I should have remembered that the italian that gave it to me was illiterate and the second tin turned out to be a gallon of grease.

Oh, if you are a bad driver/ and have lots of accidents, try doing different colours on each part. might help.

I've been doing some google work on car paint jobs. Some of the colours mentioned are pretty good. I like the colours better when it's black on, for example, green. Not green on black. You understand?

So now I've started thinking I can delete the amount of black to allow for more colour. Maybe bringing the colour line up near the top a few inches below the windows.

Oh wait, I just had a thought, isn't that the same as the old tritons?

If you have your boat prepped for paint, you should paint it the same as your truck. An old GFs old man did that and it looked unreal.

If you have your boat prepped for paint, you should paint it the same as your truck. An old GFs old man did that and it looked unreal.

That would be sweet. But I'm only painting the boat to make it look a heap better (I hope) so I can sell it. Once I start work doing FIFO I won't have time for the boat and 4wding.

Anyone interested in buying a boat. Haha

Latest posts

Back