What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old girl has 440,000K on the clock.
It started ok but took a while before the glow plug light on the dash went out.

Zordo recall fix. Performance suspension uca recall sorted by zordo no mess no fuss just great customer support. Happy as hell with my 2 inch dobinson bluemax lift....

Today i fitted my egr blocker and my chip on the D22. Looked at fitting my dea exhaust system but it looks like a mighty big hassel. Might leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. 3 places in newcastle told me to get stuffed. One said he'd need the car for 3 days amd cost me $1200 so i told him to get stuffed. Eventually found someone who would do it for $200. Also got my weather strips and pillar pod today. More work for me haha

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Today i fitted my egr blocker and my chip on the D22. Looked at fitting my dea exhaust system but it looks like a mighty big hassel. Might leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. 3 places in newcastle told me to get stuffed. One said he'd need the car for 3 days amd cost me $1200 so i told him to get stuffed. Eventually found someone who would do it for $200. Also got my weather strips and pillar pod today. More work for me haha

$200 is a steal

Has anyone tried plast dipping the inside of the tub? If so how did it turn out?

Cant see why it wouldnt work if you put it on thick enough, but there are specific bed liner products; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DUPLI-CO...003686?hash=item210baffce6:g:Dj8AAOSwv9hW52RE
Mythbusters did an episode on whether these rubberised bed liners actually make a ute hold together when you detonate an IED underneath - and they ****en-well did! The one with no liner was just gone, and the one with the rubber coating was mangled, but still in one piece.

Yeah, I got quoted $100 and ended up paying 400 from same place. Took them ages to get the old dump off. The were considering bolting old one back on and sending me packing. Go for it at 200.
Yeah they have warned me it might go up if it takes them too long to remove the old dump pipe and put the new one on. Ill find out on thursday

Cant see why it wouldnt work if you put it on thick enough, but there are specific bed liner products; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DUPLI-CO...003686?hash=item210baffce6:g:Dj8AAOSwv9hW52RE
Mythbusters did an episode on whether these rubberised bed liners actually make a ute hold together when you detonate an IED underneath - and they ****en-well did! The one with no liner was just gone, and the one with the rubber coating was mangled, but still in one piece.
Ahh, Cheers! This is more or less what I was wanting, rather than plasti dip lol.

Yeah they have warned me it might go up if it takes them too long to remove the old dump pipe and put the new one on. Ill find out on thursday

That's a bad sign.
But like I always said to my friends start at.dump pipe cause if she no budge your not putting the whole exhaust back on.

Sent via smoke signals

is it possible to remove the turbo complete with dump pipe attached at turbo end and withdraw this complete unit in one piece. ? if so its a good idea to have a good look at the turbo and feel the bearings for play etc etc plus re fitting the new dump pipe ensures a perfect seal [ better vision ] plus mounting bolts would be as easy as to do up, then slide the unit back in and bolt up.

Yeah, dropping the turbo is a thing on some models, not sure which ones. On my zd30 i had to remove one or two studs to get the stock dump pipe off. The after market one came off and went on a lot easier - probably in part because i swapped the offending studs for bolts, and in part because the after market dump is a lot less bulky.
If the monkeys at some of these exhaust places had their shit together and just dropped the turbo or removed studs instead of spending half a day swearing and skinning their knuckles and ****ing up the paint work on the firewall life would be a lot easier for them and the customer.

If you've got some pretty expensive equipment to read it out , and if they haven't put a no read tag on it, yeah you can.

Went round with a can on free silicon spray. Sprayed everything the that squeaked, or has the potential to. Leaf springs, bonnet rubbers, sway bar bushes...

Sounds like a new truck- For now:)

Latest posts

Back