What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that last one is nice but maybe a bit heavy and im not sure how much wheel travel there is.
the pram is a hard one to combat especially when the boss has a say. (i know the feeling)

:big_smile:I have plety of ideas to add to the tray:

Low profile removable rack (similar to my roof top basket i made)
Recessed tie down points
Somewhere to hide a water tank for the shower
Slim line LED`s lights, both tail lights and rear work/camp lights
Recessed Box (see Highlux pic below)
Flipped Tow bar for higher rear clearance
Removable push bike rack
Light Bar up top
Extenguisher mount
And a box (again low profile under the tray) for strap etc.

Just need the funds and the time.
Below are some of the ideas i have, a little combination of all. Especially how the box is recessed in the highlux`s tray as ill have a dog soon.

Yeah seen the Recessed Box done heaps done look good.
Funds and time, If your like me you'll have the funds but not the time then if you get the time nolonger have the funds.
Next 6 months is going to super tight, got to get the Stato back on the road & in june Nav goes for its 40,000.

Lennock Nissan as it's capped still a bloody rip off tho. Fuel Filler replacement what a joke, didnt know diesel eats metal.

I purchased my Navara today. It's a 07 D40 ST-X 4x4 Petrol. Fitted some small led fog lights to the bar. Will start a thread on my vehicle soon.

Last edited:
I purchased my Navara today. It's a 07 D40 ST-X 4x4 Petrol. Fitted some small led fog lights. To the bar. Will start a thread on my vehicle soon.

welcome aboard mate!!

today i booked in my clutch replacement for next monday :/

Booked it in for the 160,000 km service Thursday, just fitted my baby lightbar and made a drink fountain for the dog out of a 25L distilled water drum, tap and hose and fitted it in the tray running the hose to the outer side rear of the tray so a quick turn of the tap gives the dog a good drink on trips.

Catch can fitted...Hard spot to get photos, but fits nicely just under the air cleaner adjacent to the turbo...

I'll have to try and get a couple of better pics, but that's the forefront can with the stock hose running to the intake pipe. As you can see, fits perfectly. 2010 d22, I really should make a signature I guess....

The spring is to stop the hose kinking. If anyone is chasing them, masters keep them on the shelf. They're called gates unicoil. Around 8 bucks for a 5/8" one to fit that hose, but they do them in all sizes from 1/4 up to 1"

Awesome was looking for something to stop my hose from kinking. Good stuff. Thanks.
Nice job by the way.

Thanks guys. Came out better than I thought. I knew I'd seen the springs at autoone before, but they don't stock them anymore apparently. The guy there told me he thought gates made them so I looked into it. Masters was the last place I expected to find them. I should have said, they are in the plumbing section, with the tap washers, etc. In case you have trouble finding them...

Found them today in the fittings isle of the plumbing section. I only got a 1/2" one to see if it will work for what i wanted it to. Back to masters tomoz to get the 5/8" ones i need

Thanks Bods

No worries. I got the 3/4" one first, going by the od of the catch can fittings, but it was way too big, so went back later and got the 5/8" instead, lol

New erg gaskets arrived

The two egr gaskets arrived today, can't wait to prove Nissan wrong on a $597 part i "hope" I don't need.I haven't yet fitted them, too tired long hours at the minute. Wanna do a double header- fit them when catch can arrives! I did how ever put over 400 kms on it in the last 3 days.
I drove over 78kms each way to work today.
Not the usual sort of distance.
She's still got a small leak at egr. Will be fixed shortly.

Finally fitted the Bogaard turbo timer properly instead of just hanging out under the dash. Consequently, found a new use for that useless slot below the air vents!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 103
Sprayed the grill camo effect gloss and Matt black worth a shot

Attachments

• image-994206511.jpg
    image-994206511.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image-652621176.jpg
    image-652621176.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 98
I replaced the puddle lights, parkers, number plate lights, rear interior and map lights and glovebox and console lights with leds. Overall very happy with it.

Back