What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripped egr threads

I guess I got sick of the noise I had coming from egr leak.
I decided to fit the two new gaskets making a total of 3 gaskets one each side of egr blank.
The two bolts came out very easily due to the fact the THREADS ARE STIPPED inside the egr valve!
Luckily I've got an RDO tomorrow so I can find one from the wreckers or drill and tap the existing to an M12 and purchase new bolts if worse comes to worse...
Happy days ay

Oh yeah, before that I drove it to the dog park out back of mudgeeraba to the dog park with the wife, 2 of the kids and the dog, she goes well that ute.
Just a lil hiccup at the minute.
Had a great time out there too.

Ordered Cooper ST Maxx's 265/75R16 to fit to stock rims replacing existing Cooper St's 265/70R16. After starting off my auxillary battery also ordered new battery. So when I pick it up a) it will start and b) it won't aquaplane through corners in the wet !

Picked it up with the new Coopers, couldn't be happier with them so far on road. Not going to go out of my way to get em all dirty, but will make comment in due course.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 75
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
The ST Maxx are a great tyre when new and up to 50% life but beyond that they get noisy and wear unevenly the balder they get.

The ST Maxx are a great tyre when new and up to 50% life but beyond that they get noisy and wear unevenly the balder they get.

It's good to know what to expect from them in the long run so cheers for the head up.

I have never owned a car where the tyres wore even over their lifetime and the last truck I had was my Patrol with 35" Maxxis Bighorns on it, so road noise and uneven wear are not a big deal breaker

One of the reasons I went with the Coopers is they have an 80000km warranty. Between the lovers and haters of the ST Maxx's and Mickey T's ATZ P3's I couldn't find a really bad word about either of them but the Mickey T's don't have the 80000km guarantee behind em

Last edited:
After my new clutch was put in yesterday ( single mass conversion) I spent the day learning how to use a proper clutch.

the mechanic said i had about 1.5mm left on the dual mass before i was chewing out the rivets... 60k on the clock and not a sign at all it was on the way out :s

Pulled the foam strip from the bottom of the ac cooler to the radiator and found 4 years of gunk and grass seeds. Awesome start to the day.

Replaced myintercooler hoses with new ones and finished installing my Forefront catch can.

Greased the bonnet latch, put in some Narva arctic headlight globes, and going to put my leftover 1" body blocks in the tub.

Was debating on not doing tub on mine too but definitely looks heaps better, sports bar lines properly with roof line also.

Yeah i noticed it was off a bit but didnt bother me too much. Might bite the bullet and go 2" body lift soon. The way my front bar was cut for the bullbar left about 2.7" of factory bar so it allowed me to lift the cab 2" in future without having an ugly gap between the bullbar and cab.

Im in no rush for that though.

Back