What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bods. Might do that too. I checked out what the original blanking plate looked like and trimmed the clip on the switch with a pair of sidecutters to match. It sits in there and resists minimal force but I know at some point it'll get knocked pop out.

I'd give you a pic, but I don't really want to get them back out, lol. That was the best solution I could think of, it would still be very easy to remove them without damaging anything too...

I'd give you a pic, but I don't really want to get them back out, lol. That was the best solution I could think of, it would still be very easy to remove them without damaging anything too...

All good. It has survived today so I might just super glue it IF and when it pops out

Friday,

Loaded the tools in the back, hooked up the trailer(700kgs empty) popped over to a mates started to strip back his vt to find more trouble then worth. So loaded it with all the metal scrap we could find(1740kgs all up) droping it on its guts. Draged it on to the trailer snapping the trailers winch rope. Then haled it off to the scrap yard.....

Was a little worried from my trobles with the last tow of that size, well this was bigger still. And Had a much steeper hill to climb. But thanks to the advice of this place and Old.Tony held the gears and keeped the revs around 2200rpm and she just putted along no worries. A lot faster to 80 even 100 holding it in the lower gears then it was allowing the computer to do all the thinking..

Finally got her lifted 40mm, the suspension was pretty stuffed so repair=upgrade right?
I went with a Dobinson kit all round inc. springs, shocks, U bolts and new bushes. Troy at Tyrepower Mile end did the job for me and I am very happy with the work although I thought the lift would be a little more (35mm front and 40mm rear) but that is not the installers fault. I was hoping for more like 50mm. It just means the next set of tyres will need to be bigger.

Also some scum sucking bastard stole my GME arial off my bull bar while I was at work.

Fitted my OBD2 reader. Can't fault it but the app my phone uses is shit. OBD2 doctor for widows 8rt. It is find if just want to sit in your driveway. I was hoping it would at tell me my boost but no. And unlike other platform app is comes up as a list not dials on the screen. Tonight I'm going to look for other apps but the quick look I've already had dont think I'll have any luck. Might just have look for a cheap tabet. It could be I only spent 30sec trying to set it up will look at it more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Since Wednesday last week i've been stripping the ute and prepping it for paint. Put the paint on Saturday morning. Just finished prepping and under coating the flairs and bull bar today, ready for paint tomorrow! Going to color code the bull bar white, the wife isn't convinced it will look any good white, but i reckon it will be sweet!

Painting the whole thing with a Polyurethane 2 pack from Protect paint. Wouldn't say its the best paint for a show car type finish but its strong. Can lay it on nice and thick and stands up to scratches very well. No need for a clear over top either, so very easy to touch up and polish.

Changed motor oil, air filter, oil filter and both diesel filters. Ready to run 10k km more!!

Greetings

Did the EGR blank and vac lines mod... finally got around to it!

Just hope I followed the vac line pics properly. She runs, with a small improvement, so I guess I got em right lol... find out tomorow, if you see me on the side of the ring road heading toward tullamarine, please help lol.

Was easier than I thought, which is what made me question my lines!

Played with my OBD seems alright does the job I guess. I asked them to add a boost reader they said they'll look in to it.

Fitted up some Tough Dog rear foam cell shocks (bloody beautiful) and fitted my AM FM ZCG 90cm antenna then pulled the dash apart to plug the bastard in lol. Now watching my mighty Hawks and having a well earned beer.

Ordered my new spal thermo fan, exhaust wrap and fittings from summit racing in the states. Cant wait for these bad boys to turn up

Ahh more money rusty what more can you do to your rig? that aside i will speak to you about that thing after i get back from the beach i am gone for 2 wks as of sat will have a beach report for dbl island and Fraser for anyone going at easter.
John

Ordered my new spal thermo fan, exhaust wrap and fittings from summit racing in the states. Cant wait for these bad boys to turn up

whats the thermo for rusty
ic or rad?
the d22 could do with 2 good thermos and get rid of the clutch fan

Fitted my new awning

image-708350138.jpg

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

John, beach report would be tops for Fraser as I'm heading after you get back. I'm more replacing broken parts now not so much new gear

Sparra, thermo is for under the top mount. I tried a Davies Craig but it fell out of the shroud on cape while turned on and it just shredded itself. So I've gone for a stronger fan with more airflow pull to keep things in check while off road. Slow driving and top mount is guaranteed heat soak.

Actually did some lighting and change some intake pipes. Smoked rear LED lights. HID reverse lights. 3" turbo to filter.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140322_140551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140322_140551.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20140322_141257.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140322_141257.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20140322_141322.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140322_141322.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20140322_141333.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140322_141333.jpg