What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....and? Goes good?

Sh!t yeah! Noticeable increase in spool time and has a little bit more get up n go. Turbo whistle louder, but I wouldn't call that a downside, just adds some music to your drive.

Friday didn't really notice just drove straight home (in heavy traffic) from the mechanics. But took her for a couple spins last couple of days and pretty happy.

Just gotta stick my boost gauge in now to make sure boost is in the right range.

Great spot for them! Never thought of adding lights there... Thanks for adding another thing to my list, haha!

No probs, lol. Their jig can't be set up too well, the drivers side one needed about 15mm worth of spacing up and the passengers side only 10mm.... Oh well, plenty bright enough though, got them off eBay for about 70 bucks, 55w 4" ones. That was after I got a hid kit for the halogen ones I had in there previously, but the globes physically don't fit as the lights aren't deep enough, which sucks, but anyway..... I may eventually change the ones in the middle over to the same type as the ones in the wings, but the 7 or 9" version

Installed boost gauge and half installed EGT gauge in pillar pod. Autometer Cobalt series gauges, 4x4 Concepts double painted pillar pod.

Half installed EGT gauge cause when I asked the mob I ordered my exhaust of to weld in a bung and told them I needed a 1/8" NPT size for an Autometer EGT probe fitting, they welded in whatever they felt like and it ain't 1/8" NPT

image-1225725383.jpg

image-3127511722.jpg

image-854821715.jpg

Installed boost gauge and half installed EGT gauge in pillar pod. Autometer Cobalt series gauges, 4x4 Concepts double painted pillar pod.

Half installed EGT gauge cause when I asked the mob I ordered my exhaust of to weld in a bung and told them I needed a 1/8" NPT size for an Autometer EGT probe fitting, they welded in whatever they felt like and it ain't 1/8" NPT

View attachment 15414

View attachment 15413

View attachment 15412

Does look good. If they are excessively bright at night time, put a resistor in the light positive feed to reduce the voltage a bit.. I had to do that with mine cause I couldn't see out the window lol

Thanks fellas

Pretty happy with them, wanted something with that :blingbling: factor

@ bods - thanks for the tip, they are pretty bright! I'll see how it goes for a couple of nights and make my mind up. What size resistor did you end up using if I go down that path?

Not sure what I ended up with but I think it was around 1k ohm... Packs of them from jaycar are only around a dollar each, so I got 500, 1k and 1.5k I think... Tried the 500 and it was still too bright so went up to the 1k I'm pretty sure and it was a lot better.... They are only LEDs so I joined the feeds together and just put the one resistor in there and its been fine for about 3 years now

Not sure what I ended up with but I think it was around 1k ohm... Packs of them from jaycar are only around a dollar each, so I got 500, 1k and 1.5k I think... Tried the 500 and it was still too bright so went up to the 1k I'm pretty sure and it was a lot better.... They are only LEDs so I joined the feeds together and just put the one resistor in there and its been fine for about 3 years now
Cheers.

I managed a couple of mods this weekend.
- provent catch can
- plazmaman hot side intercooler hard pipe
- DTUK dpi injector chip

Impressive improvement on the wagon all round. The turbo feels like it has fully spooled up at abot 18 - 1900 rpm and i would say peak power is about 2100 rpm with a solid steady pull all the way past 4000 rpm. The chip is on the minimum setting and i dont really think i will be turing it up any further as she is now running like a dream and i dont really want to push it just for the skake of it. 5th gear is epic for open road overtaking.

Prior to the upgrade the vehicle pulled moderately strongly between 2 and 3000 rpm and kinda peaked out and just slowly wound out to 4000. Now it just pulls solid all the way, i would say it feels like it is significantly quicker than my old commodore v6 ( with a feww tweeks on it).

rewired canopy interior light

Rewired the interior light in the canopy today and fitted it with LED strip globe. The Idiot who originally wired the interior light in the Flex glass canopy wired it in the same place as the tail light so it would only work when the tail lights where switched on, it had me a bit confused at first.
I rewired it so the power comes from the aux battery mounted in the tub.
Thought about doing other stuff and then thought nahhh, sod it.:confused2::deadhorse:

Wired up the LED brake light in the 550 sports bar I fitted a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to the tips on this forum, quite a neat job.

And then replaced the reverse globes with LEDs others have purchased off Ebay. Thought they looked too boy racer so swapped them back to the originals.

Replaced a spherical bearing in the right front strut (royal pain in the butt.Had to heat the housing so could push out the bearing.Then freeze the new bearing to reinstall.Only did the one I needed cos it was such a pain of a job and I had heaps more to do before it started to rain )
New sway bar bushes installed
Swapped out front LED bar
Oil Change 100,000kms
Empty the oil catch can
Cleaned the air flow meter

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back