What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed most of the Tough Dog lift kit I ordered off fleebay. New springs and u bolts in, foam cell shocks front and rear. Left the torsion bars for tomorrow.

Amazed at the lift in the back, guess it will settle when I put some weight in there. Quick question for anyone reading, the front shocks are virtually touching the uca, I think I've read other forum members grinding back a bit of the uca for clearance. Is this right? And will it affect strength?
Cheers

Attachments

• 20140929_151204.jpg
    20140929_151204.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 50
Installed most of the Tough Dog lift kit I ordered off fleebay. New springs and u bolts in, foam cell shocks front and rear. Left the torsion bars for tomorrow.

Amazed at the lift in the back, guess it will settle when I put some weight in there. Quick question for anyone reading, the front shocks are virtually touching the uca, I think I've read other forum members grinding back a bit of the uca for clearance. Is this right? And will it affect strength?
Cheers
Yes grinding them back is correct. No it won't affect the strength if you only grind back enough to clear the shock and don't go nuts on them......

Spent a lot for shit service

So a well known 4wd parts supplier took 6 months to finally receive my canopy from their supplier and fit it along with the drawer system. All good I accepted their explanation of import issues however after parting with the cash I drove it home tonight with no tail lights! And was pulled over. For the life of me I couldn't find the bloody fuse box responsible for lighting. Turns out there is a mystery fuse box I didst know about connected to the CAN Communication Bus stuffed into the left hand rear engine bay, frigged around for a bit and worked out that there's parking lights and Illumination fuses?! So back to the shop tomorrow. Anyone wanting a heads up as to the shop in question drop us a line.

Sunday removed second battery and tray, marine ply false floor and tub liner. Surpised how little dirt and crap was under the tub liner after what I've heard, but gave the tub a good degrease and pressure hose.

Today dropped it off at the local Opposite Lock (Epping, VIC) and had my Outback drawers fitted. Refitted battery tray and second battery in storage compartment under drawer top in in front of wheel arch.

Very happy with drawers, fit all my cordless tools under lock key now, not just behind the locked window of my canopy. Locked windows can be easily opened with a brick, these drawers seem a little more solid.

Last edited:
Back