What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shimmed the fuel rail relief valve...totally blanked the egr by welding the hole up and removed the pipe attached to the plate in the pic
uploadfromtaptalk1410669903309.jpg
...cleaned the maf...washed the k&n apollo filter (no oil) and reset ecu.also noticed oil leaking from around the top of the 4th injector...fix that later.

Shimmed the fuel rail relief valve...totally blanked the egr by welding the hole up and removed the pipe attached to the plate in the pic
View attachment 16834
...cleaned the maf...washed the k&n apollo filter (no oil) and reset ecu.also noticed oil leaking from around the top of the 4th injector...fix that later.

Hey Camo,

Do you clean the maf often? Any difference to operation of vehicle or just a good maintenance thing to be doing?

Same with ecu reset or was the for a particular reason?

Cheers,

Scott

I do the maf clean as a maintanence thing.i run a k&n apollo filter and while it flows quite well....its not a great filter.im on the tar most of the time tho.
I have found in the past ive got a ecu error for maf out of range(or similar) it was just dirty so its a part of my service now.
The ecu reset/relearn isnt a bad idea as it just sets everything back to stock and you can start again.as im always playing with my chips and well everything and my economy goes to shite quite often so a reset once serviced is good for me.
Hope that helps

Ran the chipit on tune 15 the other day...while its got some pep..it also purged some excess diesel out my shimmed relief valve...actually the undersode of the ute was wet from it...ended up on tune 12 with no diesel spilt and no dramatic egt rise until WOT in 4th.good times!!

Hey Camo, Do you clean the maf often? Any difference to operation of vehicle or just a good maintenance thing to be doing? Same with ecu reset or was the for a particular reason? Cheers, Scott

On the D22 it is a good idea to do the reset after a fuel filter change also. As you filter gets dirty the rail demands more fuel and when you change the filter it can give a over pressure fault and go into limp mode. Nissan do it at service if they change the fuel filter. Just a tip and not sure if it does the same on the D40s. I clean my MAF regularly also due to running a K&N air filter. I find the oil from the filter fowlers the sensor after a while. Especially after you crank the boost up.

Cheers

Back