What EGT's is your ZD30DDT getting ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my egt guage has been in for about 2 weeks, dump-pipe mounted. I'm getting;
100-110 at idle,
around 150 cruising at 60kmh in fourth,
200-250 cruisng 100kmh in top depending on whether im going up or down hill, probably a nominal 210 on level stretches.
Highest peak recorded so far was 289c after a full noise run thru 4th and 5th to 130kmh.

Last edited:
your peak temp is way to low.
try to do run on a long uphill. even better if your towing or got heavy load on.
record what temp and also how fast it gets to that temp.

some temp sensors are really slow and will not read correct on short hard runs.

Yeah, it does seem very low, its an auber set up with the solid thermo probe. Havnt had chance to run on any steep hills at highway speeds with heavy loads yet. This is how its mounted on the dump pipe, about half the diametre of the pipe is as far as i could get it in. reckon its ok?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 148
Its the sealed tip one, TC-KEGTS. I havnt had a chance to lean on the loud pedal for any meaningful amount of time, need to find a long hill.

i have one of those sensors here.
i would say you where not on the gas hard enough.

Yeah, tru. I was flat to the floor, but maybe not for long enough? I got to 130 then backed off when i got the peak at 289c, and a couple of freeway entrances with the right foot buried, but havnt really had any opportunity to give it a bit cos of heavy traffic.
Do the other temperatures I posted sound about right to you?

put the pyro in yesterday, getting temps of about 300 driving around town and 350-400 on the highway.

Mines in the exhaust manifold , also got gas injection very common to sit around 400 - 420 mark with a bit of a load on the highway at 110

Mine does about 300 degrees post turbo at 100km/hr (DP chip set on 4). I have had it up to 550 degrees towing and loaded overtaking up a massive hill east of inverell but it was sustained acceleration to get to that point (chip set on 3 i think). I only recently did the EGR mod and my EGTs dropped 50-100 degrees since doing so.:rock:

Last edited:
Yeah, tru. I was flat to the floor, but maybe not for long enough? I got to 130 then backed off when i got the peak at 289c, and a couple of freeway entrances with the right foot buried, but havnt really had any opportunity to give it a bit cos of heavy traffic.
Do the other temperatures I posted sound about right to you?

sounds like you didn't have much load on. hence why a good hill is a better way of testing it.

the other temps sound roughly right.

Yes thats right, i didnt hav a decent load, did the egr job the same day as the pyro so after reading joffo's post i think that might have something to do with it too. I'll see how it goes in coming weeks with some heavy loads and extensive highway driving. Ive just been riding all the new found low end torque from the egr and dump pipe job recently, lovin it! Got 665km from 68l city driving, stop start traffic, bit better than i wouldv got before! Cant wait to do chip and cooler, but restraining myself till a better time when the funds are better and not as busy.

Thats the auber instruments guage. Ive got two of those, one for boost, one for egt. Tweake's uses em too, he put me on to em. They are the shiz, records peak value, alarm function, can be used with a variety of sensors. Chipit sells those as a 'chipit' guage. Alot of guys on here use em. check the website auberinstruments.com i think i paid about aus$203 for two guages and two sensors posted, arived in a week from usa, so a bit cheaper than buying off the ebay site you posted.

I would have no idea, it was something that had a heat shield around it. haha

both manifold and dump pipe have heat shields standard. The manifold, the one closest to the engine, is the better place for the thermocouple, the dumppipe is directly after the turbo and basically the first section of the exhaust( where mine is mounted). Dumppipe mount pyro will see lower temps and be less accurate than manifold mount pyro.

How are you finding the gas set-up Kempsey? What sort of mileage you getting compared to standard? Egt's higher or lowerthan before? Is there a thread?

Latest posts

Back