What EGT's is your ZD30DDT getting ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rabbit , mate I like the diesel gas set up , with the extra power I get about 680 k's from 60 litres but that's with my bigger tires and weighing around 2600 kg mark , egt's are higher but not high enough to worry about.

Where are you guys mounting the Auber EGT Probes.

Hi guys

Where and how are you guys mounting the Auber EGT probs? What type of fitting is required. Waiting for mine to arrive.

Cheers.

Hi guys

Where and how are you guys mounting the Auber EGT probs? What type of fitting is required. Waiting for mine to arrive.

Cheers.

Below is a pic where i mounted mine on the after market dump-pipe. Probly a bit low cos im getting pretty low temps but it was a convenient spot to tap and screw cos its on the join where the steel is double thickness, also for clearance off the heat shield.
On a std cast-iron 'pot-belly stove' dp there is a flat area perfect for drilling and tapping or welding, you'l see it when you take the heat shield off. Ideally tho you should mount it in the manifold as you will get truer readings, but its a bigger job cos you will have to either remove the manifold so you dont get metal shavings in your turbo, or remove the egr plumbing and make a plate which you can mount your probe on to.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 97
Kempsey, how did you go drilling the manifold? Or does the nipple just weld on externally?
Cheers, nick.

once you remove everything and get the manifold off drilling was easy and I tig welded on a nipple. I didn't want to put mine in the dump pipe , I don't like how you have to geustimate the correct temp. The one draw back if its one at all is some guys are a bit wary of the pyrometer tip coming of and hitting the compressor wheel. Thats why you have to use a good quality gear

Oh ok, yeah, cheers for that, i couldnt be arsed pulling the manifold out, so i'l just guestimate.
Hey does the gas set up use much gas? Does it come with ecu re-programming?
Checked out your garage the other day - clearly you are a man who does things the right way! Nice truck mate.

Thanks rabbit , it uses about 20 liters of gas per 1300 k's , I don't know about retuning as it was on it when I bought it , but since rebuilding the engine I would like it chipped and tuned by Northside 4x4 but just don't get the time to take it to brizzy Lately have been thinking about buying a new on and starting all over again.

up hill in 5th gear at 100ks im getting up to about 600 at the manifold.

Don't worry about the tip falling off the Auber probes.

I run them about 2" from the exhaust port on my rx7 and they see 1000 deg C.

Can get to 500+ giving it a boot on factory Tune. With chipit set a 5/7 (pretty aggressive), bogging down in 5th at 80 up a steep! hill, i can climb to 670 Exhaust manifold (where alarm is set).

Itching to see if what its like on the hills of the newcastle freeway. When im carrying a bit more speed.

cant Really get a 100% test yet as my clutch slips under load from the new boost in torque. Keep in mind its neally worn out. Keep exedy!

Going by the results in this thread, you'd have to be flogging the shit out of your stock ZD30 to kill it.

There no where near melting piston temps.

Thats the auber instruments guage. Ive got two of those, one for boost, one for egt. Tweake's uses em too, he put me on to em. They are the shiz, records peak value, alarm function, can be used with a variety of sensors. Chipit sells those as a 'chipit' guage. Alot of guys on here use em. check the website auberinstruments.com i think i paid about aus$203 for two guages and two sensors posted, arived in a week from usa, so a bit cheaper than buying off the ebay site you posted.

Hiya;

Is this the correct web site for auber instruments http://www.auberins.com

What probe model did you use ?
As I see on their site

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_26&products_id=230

That there are a number of different models ..
I guess 8mm or 10mm , is there a standard used in OZ?

Has anyone got any pics of their Auber meters mounting in the cab?
I would like to see how different people go about mounting them!
Thanks guys

Going by the results in this thread, you'd have to be flogging the shit out of your stock ZD30 to kill it.

What temps melt pistons?

i disagree a bit there.
remember most are reading after turbo temps.
i've had egt's go right up due to blocked up air filter. for such a lack of fuel they do run a bit on the hot side.

Yer that's the MAIN reason i have it in the manifold. I hate guesstimating.....

Its not hard with a chip to get high temps... it creeps up as quickly as it drops.
Ive reset mine and 650, thats my limit!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back