What internet speed are you on ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Internet speed ?

• Cable 30mb

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 24mb

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • 8mb

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 1.5mb

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • 512kb

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 256mb

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • ISDN-128kb

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Dial up 56kb

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
MMM, not tooo bad.

Ummm, how do you get the images to post in the main message body, and not as a clickable thumb as I seem to do all the time??

Hoo Roo

Attachments

• 586229013.png
    586229013.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
i have 2 x adsl2 + 24 meg connections .. each one connects at about 17 meg down 2.4meg up... speedtest.net gives these results ... not totally accurate..

Tested again this morning after I was capped last month, too many movies and copies of Dexter for the missus!

While the figures gained should be almost identical in most cases using a site like Speed Test - Home - Oz Broadband Speed Test to measure speed should be more accurate for aussie users given the server location.

The basic test does the same thing however it's starts with a local based connection not an OS connection. ozspeedtest has also been the main speed testing site of aussie ISP's and network admins for more than 5 years.

Also ozspeedtest gives the option to test several different file sizes rather than a "one size fits all" connection test. Using one large file download of 9 or 15MB (no matter what your connection speed ) as the test will always result in more accurate results because of the way data is transferred on the net.

Using one 2 minute test from a site will give a figure that may or may not be close to the total of figures you can get from a site like ozspeedtest but over all testing on a wider range of files (not at once) will always gain you better results which can be handy if you looking for bottlenecks rather than just figures that show your connection is faster than someone elses.

Having said all that its still a preference thing, none of us are ever going to get our full rated speed from our connections because there is too many overheads but it's not hard to make a site that says you are getting it.

Sorry just seen this one. Na I got a central filter and the adsl line runs about 10 metres and into the router.

Dave.

Okay, is it wireless from the router to your computer? If so, try hooking it up over copper (and turn the wireless off) and see if the test results improve markedly. Mine do.

While the figures gained should be almost identical in most cases using a site like Speed Test - Home - Oz Broadband Speed Test to measure speed should be more accurate for aussie users given the server location.

The basic test does the same thing however it's starts with a local based connection not an OS connection. ozspeedtest has also been the main speed testing site of aussie ISP's and network admins for more than 5 years.

Also ozspeedtest gives the option to test several different file sizes rather than a "one size fits all" connection test. Using one large file download of 9 or 15MB (no matter what your connection speed ) as the test will always result in more accurate results because of the way data is transferred on the net.

Using one 2 minute test from a site will give a figure that may or may not be close to the total of figures you can get from a site like ozspeedtest but over all testing on a wider range of files (not at once) will always gain you better results which can be handy if you looking for bottlenecks rather than just figures that show your connection is faster than someone elses.

Having said all that its still a preference thing, none of us are ever going to get our full rated speed from our connections because there is too many overheads but it's not hard to make a site that says you are getting it.

i got a result that was 0.04 faster than the speed test website

i guess they're both fairly accurate

i got a result that was 0.04 faster than the speed test website

i guess they're both fairly accurate

Realistically they should be within that much of each other, where the aussie site will show a more accurate figure is when there is bottlenecks between us and over seas or the O/S link is out, of course if the bottleneck is the computer or at the local exchange neither site is very accurate.

Okay, is it wireless from the router to your computer? If so, try hooking it up over copper (and turn the wireless off) and see if the test results improve markedly. Mine do.

I have about 4 computer's in the house. The main one I use is on a ethernet connection, thats what the speed test was done on to.

The rest are laptops and a netbook (For work :big_smile:). There speeds aren't to bad.

Dave.

Uh i have fibercable 50-100mb (min 50 max100) Steady 100 was to expensive :3gears:

Latest posts

Back