What is the best winch for a D22 factory steel bullbar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettmahoney

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2006 3L D22 dual cab, which has a factory steel bullbar which says it is designed for the Warn XD9000 winch.
Just wondering if anyone has used different winches on this bullbar with the same mounting hole design?
Can I put a larger winch like a 12000lb on it without pulling the bullbar off the front of my ute?
Is 9000lb adequate or is it a bit underpowered?
What winch would you recommend?

Cheers
Brett Mahoney

I had a tigerz11 12000lb on it (piece of shit), now have a tjm of 8500lb, most winches will fit, 9000 isn't under powered

Spot on scooba! Unless you're gonna be dragging your Nav up the side of a cliff a 9000 lb winch is more than ample.

Cheers Brad

I dropped a 12000lb runva in mine no problems with a TJM bar. Just removed the grill and part of the water bottle.. The runva 12000lb motor is massive in length, bigger than any other 12000lb winch I could find dimensions for. When I got it I was afraid it wasn't going to fit but, it did with about 10mm to spare.

Not sure how much room a factory bar has but, if its anything like the TJM bar you'll shit it in!

Can I put a larger winch like a 12000lb on it without pulling the bullbar off the front of my ute?

Cheers
Brett Mahoney

I have a warn xd 9000 on my d22 with factory steel bar, Theres heaps of room once its in, But i had to loosen a couple of the bolts on the bullbar and let it tilt over a bit to get it up in place

OP....

"Hi,
I have a 2006 3L D22 dual cab, which has a factory steel bullbar "

I got an 12000 Ironman type in easy without removing the factory bar.

Be farked if i could get my warn in there, Couldn,t remove the grill without removing uhf lead, someone wasn,t thinking when they fed the uhf cable through the grille[me]

Alzheimer's, I couldn't get the bash plate off, those stupid nuts on a wire that you install with, well now i cant undo the farkn thing and i wasnt playing with it on the day. One day(read maybe never) i might grind the head off that bolt and put a new one in

I just put a Tmax 9000 in mine - was a pretty easy install, just had to undo the bottom plate from the factory bar and slide underneath with the winch on my chest and lift it in.

I mounted my solenoid box up top. I will try and post a photo

Are cheaper brands that you can get on ebay any good, or am I better off going with a Warn or more expensive winch?

I think I will go with 9000lb thanks for the advice!

Are cheaper brands that you can get on ebay any good, or am I better off going with a Warn or more expensive winch?

It depends on your budget mate. 9000 will be plenty of grunt. As for quality well... I always tell people, to imagine that their car might be hanging off that winch, so how much do you value your car...
Some things you get what you pay for. Winches are one of them.
Just my 2c.

I have a warn xd900, i have it because i dont use it that often but when i do i like to know its going to get me out of the shit without worrying to much about it failing.

seriously get a decent one (warn, tjm etc) and get it locally, if you get a cheap one you will more than likely have to replace it, remember its cheap for a reason

Rather than start another winch thread i thought i would just post my question here.

I am in the market for a winch and winch bar, at this stage i am leaning towards a genuine Nissan bar and either a Warn XD9000 or Warn 9.5XP.

Nissan use the XD9000 as a standard fitment but i would rather fit the 9.5XP, I am unsure if the 9.5XP will fit the bar as the motor is 30mm longer than the XD9000. Has anyone fitted a Warn 9.5XP to a Genuine Nissan Winch Bar?

Latest posts

Back